Monday, March 30, 2009

Checking in.....

I finished cleaning the sewing room on Thursday.....wahooo. Unfortunately it took everything out of me to get it done (try kneeling on the floor scrubbing with a recovering sprained ankle and two hands with carpel).
The good news is I can see everything and there is a place for everything and everything in its place.......
But my hands were too sore to do much--which was okay because my brother came to town and instead we celebrated Christina's birthday. I can't believe my baby niece is now 13!!! My baby brother's baby is a teen, what is the world coming to? We had a great visit with the gang this weekend and had a wonderful birthday party on Saturday for Christina.

The only problem with having a spring cleaned room is---you want the rest of the house to be as clean (and it sure isn't). Well it's a Helena day here today so I'm off to get our activities organized. Have a wonderful and blessed day :)

3 comments:

Kimara said...

What an absolutely lovely room! What is it about crafters and our obsession to check out other people's craft rooms. Although I try to keep my crafting areas neat, I'm a stacker, and before long my work table is covered! In a pinch I've been known to slide everything off the table unto the floor when I needed to finish something in a hurry. The only good thing about that is it forces me to pick up and put things away. Anyway, your room screams "sanctuary"! Loved the peek.

free indeed said...

This is a lovely dual purpose room...I take it that you can use it as a guest room as well? My sewing room isn't much bigger, but I have so much stuff that it's an eyesore and like the previous poster, things get stacked and stacked. I'd love to do a redo...hubby isn't so inclined to help, so it would have to be solo. I am looking for a used dresser to make into a cutting table, so I can hide things in the drawers. Right now I use a regular table on risers and underneath have a roller cart and other rubbermaid bins...looks so cluttered I hate it. I want to go with a beach house cottage look in soft blues, greens, and off whites. Big Ideas, little muscle and money...but I can dream.

Hooked on Quilting said...

I have a studio with those slanted ceilings and I'd love to know if you have a design wall and where have you put it? Also, where did you get those open/divider cabinets? Love, love, love your room.