Thursday, March 30, 2023

I Like Thursdays: March 30, 2022

 


Happy Thursday!

Time to celebrate the good in life by participating in "I like Thursdays" hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.  What are you grateful for this week?


I'm grateful that it is warm enough that I could begin cleaning out the garden.  It's hard work but it's so nice to be outside in the sunshine and warmth!  


I've been taking Kerry to the park every morning and sometimes again in the afternoon.  Walking a dog (for me) is more therapeutic than walking alone.  After Scout died, I walked the park alone but my nagging lower back was still tight and nothing seemed to help.  One walk with Kerry and it just relaxed.  I'm not sure what that's all about but my back is fine and Kerry is delighted to go to the park each day.  She has become friends with many of Scout's dog friends.

Play ball!


Our Phillies begin the regular season tonight and that makes us excited!  Yeah for baseball!

We are also happy that Call the Midwives is back on PBS.  I just love this show!

Our prompt this week from LeeAnna is special Easter foods we like.  We always have ham for Easter and whatever sides strike our fancy.  I love getting Easter bread from our local farmer's market and always put an order in to insure we get a loaf.  It's a sweeter and light bread.  I never had it until my first marriage and my late mother in law (#1) made it from scratch way back when.  Of course the thing that everyone eats around here are Peeps!


Just Born candy is located here in our valley and is always adored and devoured.  It's funny because Peeps continues to make new and unusual things with Peeps (like Peeps flavored soda) and the older neighbors always buy whatever's new to try it.  I like a Peep in hot chocolate.  My step-son always likes when Peeps get a little stale (a choice I've heard from other people).  It just doesn't seem like a holiday without them.

Well that's all my likes for this week!  
Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!





4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Well, learned something new here...I'm not the only one who likes Peeps when not completely fresh. Thought I was the only weird one! Meanwhile, I envy you in your garden already though a little grass is showing at the base of trees in the sun here. So nice you get to walk Kerry and find such wonderful benefits too. Enjoy seeing those little kitties in your header fabric. So in love with vintage anything. Have a great weekend!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've never been a Peeps fan, but in hot chocolate - there's an idea! I love your pretty daffodils. I'm glad you're walking Kerry - I imagine it's good for both of you. Happy Opening Day!

PaintedThread said...

Daffodils! I'm glad you're getting to take Kerry out. Walking is nice with a friend! Peeps in hot chocolate sounds pretty good. Peeps taste weird to me - but I still like to have at least one for Easter. :-)

Rosemary Dickinson said...

My son loves Peeps! We always send him pictures of Peeps when they show up in the stores. It's an Easter tradition!