Thursday, March 9, 2023

I Like Thursdays: March 9, 2023

 


It's Thursday and time to celebrate the good in life!  I participate in "I like Thursdays" as a way to brighten the internet.  Be sure to visit the other bloggers by visiting LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color!

The weather has gotten cooler even as spring approaches.  I'm taking this indoor time to do some spring cleaning.  Once the warm weather really hits, I won't have the energy to clean out the garden and the house so I'm doing it now.  Yesterday and today I'm working on the kitchen, editing and changing things.  Over at my Pennsylvania Piecemaker blog, I'm celebrating hanging some vintage crocheted potholders that I'll be displaying this year. 



This week I'm grateful to be springing forward as we change the clocks.  I'm up so early anyway and my husband and I will be glad when we are awake at 5:30 a.m. versus 4:30.

We had guild this past week and it's always wonderful to be around my quiltmaking friends!  I love the show and tell portion of the meetings which are so inspiring!

My best friend Linda is a snowbird but she has already texted me that they are heading home!  Yipppeeee!

This week's prompt from LeeAnna is to discuss our dream sewing studio.  I do like my space but one thing I would change are the walls.  All the walls are slanted and I am so envious of folks who can not only hang pieces on their walls but also have a design wall.  

(Old photo of the sewing room when I actually could fit a bed in there).

Like most of us, I wish I had more storage space. Because I only have 3 of these cupboards and 5 of these rolling containers... 


I pulled up my big girl panties and decided that if I wanted my storage space, I need to use up more fabric!

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!










6 comments:

LA Paylor said...

oh my gosh... I love my fabrics and supplies so I don't usually want to use them up but also like new ones, or did before I had to isolate from "C"
I see what you mean about wall space. Maybe you need one of the folding design walls, two large insulation boards, hinged to fold on top of each other, covered in batting or felt. Moveable. I need to see things vertically and when space was missing, I just taped a piece of batting to the wall but didn't have tilted walls.
Glad to hear you're getting out and cleaning. I need to clean the dust of winter before time to clean the pollen of spring
L.A.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! Oh, how nice that your bestie is returning home for the season. That will be fun for you. More storage for fabric must be on everyone's wish list, but I agree with you. Use up more of what you have and then you'll have bonus extra storage space. I'm trying to work on that. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

I can't believe it's daylight savings time again! I love how organized your space is. and wow, that's a lot of fabric!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your sewing room. It looks great! I'm looking forward to Spring and the first step is daylight savings time! Enjoy your weekend!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a pretty sewing room you have! And I'm with you on the idea that if I want more space, use up more of the stash. How nice to have get togethers and now look forward to your friend's return! It must be spring!

Miaismine said...

Oh! What a lovely space you have - so light and airy! That patchwork quilt is so pretty! LOL! I also wish for more space, but like you, have realized that I just have to sew through my UFOs and kits! :) Happy stitching!