Thursday, March 23, 2023

I Like Thursdays: March 23, 2023

 


Time to celebrate the good in life and participate in "I like Thursdays" hosted by LeeAnna!

The kindness of friends has continued this past week.  It amazes me the outpouring of love we've received since Scout passed.  Last week we received a letter from a local animal rescue.  They had received a generous donation from a former neighbor who had heard about Scout passing.  Of course I cried and Brad got choked up.  She was so loved.  And then LeeAnna sent me a piece of artwork that she did of Scout.  And I cried again.  Isn't it wonderful?


Fortunately, we've had some good things happen.  We saw our niece two weeks ago and the baby is now 10 months old and so cute!


Other good news!  My husband is back after a month of working in Canada and Utah!  

Spring has finally sprung in eastern Pennsylvania:

The prompt for this week's blog post is what do we grow in our garden...I have a perineal garden and although I usually add annuals for color, I won't be doing that this year.  Next year (after both hand surgeries are recovered), I am going to remove two of the big beds in the front yard so it is more manageable as I age.  They are the beds along the sidewalk and this photo is from 2020 when we celebrated the centennial of women's suffrage:

So I'll be moving and giving plants away next year and focusing more on the backyard which is more of my retreat anyway.  


Wishing you all a happy spring!
Have a safe and happy weekend!




6 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I love your cottage garden!

PaintedThread said...

What fat cheeks that bunny has! What a cutie baby! And yay for your husband's return. Your garden is beautiful. I definitely get the desire for low maintenance!

Linda said...

You have a lovely home and just the kind of garden I love! It's so inviting. It's always good to have the husbands back after out of town trips, right?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a sweet painting of Scout by LeeAnna! I love the photo of your pretty home and front garden, too. I can see that your garden would be a lot of work, though, and understand why you would want to pare it back some. Love those daffodils - they are my favorite flower!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your home looks lovely with your beautiful flowers. That is so sweet of LeeAnna to make that painting of Scout. She's a special person! Enjoy your weekend!

LA Paylor said...

beautiful garden. A true gardener moves things around!
love, LeeAnna