Thursday, March 16, 2023

I Like Thursdays: March 16, 2023

 Happy Thursday!



It's "I like Thursday" and time to celebrate the good in life!  Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and that means spring is almost upon us.  It's been one of those pre-spring weeks.  A nor'easter was expected to bring snow.  It was cold and a little bit of flurries but nothing stuck to the ground--yipppeee!  After three days of cold and wind we are now expecting temperatures to climb to 57 degrees!  Spring is almost here!

Next week I'm hoping to start cleaning out the garden if the weather remains good.  Always a good thing to celebrate!

Today our hostess LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color provided us a prompt--what our favorite spring flowers?  Although it's exciting to see snowdrops in the winter or the blooming of crocus, for me daffodils really signal the advent of spring.  I love the many combinations the flower has and yellow is such cheerful color!  Here's a photo from last year, mine are just about to bloom in the next day or two.


Other things to like:  I finished a bunch of pet themed wall hangings for my goddaughter's grooming business.  There are more photos of them at this post at my Pennsylvania Piecemaker blog.  

I continue to walk my mom's dog Kerry at the park in the morning.  She has made some friends and absolutely looks forward to the daily constitutional.

Wishing you a happy and warm weekend!


8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

We had snow showers on Monday. Temps still below freezing overnight here. I'm ready for warmer weather!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! Wow, you are having some nice warm temperatures. We are supposed to have a day of rain which is fine as opposed to snow. It should help melt the ten inches of the white stuff we received last week. What fun wall hangings you made for your Goddaughter! I love the dogs wearing hats fabric. Those are sure to brighten the walls and the spirits of anyone having to wait. How fabulous that she needs to move into a new spot! That's something I would love to be involved in except that I'm so allergic to animals. Best wishes to her and Happy Thursday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Spring is coming! So glad you didn't get much snow out of that Nor'easter. I love daffodils,too - they've always been my favorite flower!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I think Spring is coming too! The snow we got is already melting. Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Linda said...

Hope you are enjoying warmer temps by now. How cool are those pet themed wall hangings for a dog groomer! Have a lovely weekend.

PaintedThread said...

I'm glad I got a chance to play in the snow this season - even if it's terribly late. But i will be so ready to play in the garden and watch everything grow! Daffodils are always a welcome visitor to my lawn.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I won't be seeing spring flowers for a while here though it is raining as I write this. I agree daffodils are spring for me too. Love your header if I haven't already said so.

LA Paylor said...

no spring flowers here in Aurora CO ever. No one tries to grow them, the weather is inhospitable. Your daffodil is lovely, glad you have Kerry to walk with you. I know when you start your garden it will be full of beauty
LeeAnna