Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Happy Canada Day!

I love Canada and I love Canadians!!  So does my son and daughter-in-law and they just recently returned from another trip to Ontario and Montreal.  They bought me this nice mug (goes with the red themed kitchen I have and today's celebration):
Jessica gave me the mug on Monday which was also the second anniversary for her and Peter.  Here she is opening the picnic quilt I made them:




 One of my favorite things about this quilt was the ticket fabric I found for backing it.  They got married in a theater and a raffle ticket played an integral part in their ceremony.

I'm staying home and cleaning today.  Not that exciting but the valley I live in was hit pretty hard by storms and possibly tornadoes.  A lot of roads are closed right now so it's as good time as any to clean and then sew.  Hope you are all doing well!  

2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Happy 2nd anniversary Jessica and Peter - it looks like she likes their quilt (the story behind the ticket fabric lining is priceless!) :) My favourite part would be, of course, the two embroidered kitties - sweet :)

Hubby worked yesterday on Canada Day - he ended up having to go out on a service call, and when he got home, we spent the rest of the day doing some reorganizing that became necessary when the youngest and last birdy left the nest last month :D We had to rearrange some rooms and some electronics, and take my word for it - there's a difference in wiring/set-up between a new flat screen LED TV (which was his and which he took) and the old CRT box TV we replaced it with, LOL!! It was quite a chore to move that thing, and to get it hooked up to our cable and internet system - hubby was sweating bullets by the time it was done! At one point we thought we'd just have to get rid of the TV and buy a new one but he managed to figure things out. I was hoping to get a new one, quite frankly, LOL!! Oh well - now when he watches South Park (UGGHHH) on the big TV, I can at least go into the other room and watch Murder She Wrote or Doc Martin or any of the detective shows I like ;)

Allie-oops Designs said...

Happy Anniversary Jessica and Peter! That picnic quilt is priceless - LOVE LOVE the embroidered kitties!