Thursday, July 25, 2024

I Like Thursdays: July 25, 2024

 


Good morning and welcome to another edition of "I like Thursdays" hosted by LeeAnna of Not Afraid of Color!

I like the t-shirt I purchased earlier this summer:



I like keeping my sense of humor these days.

And I like finding solutions to some of the challenges that occur with old age.  Recently, I purchased a digital clock with BIG numbers and my husband and I are really happy with it!

I do this a lot these days:


My hearing is not well.  I have an appointment in the fall to see how it is doing.  This is a common ailment on both sides of my family so I'm not that surprised by it.  One solution I found that helps is the closed caption on tv.  It means my neighbor doesn't have to listen to my Phillies games and Masterpiece Theatre at her home because of my volume.

Anyway, this week Lana's prompt is do you like to travel in the summer?  Yes when I was younger I enjoyed traveling by car to the shore or up to Canada for a few weeks.  But these days a real vacation for me is being able to spend time at home.  This never happens as I care for my mother and now my brother.  What about you?  

Have a safe and happy weekend!

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I agree with that meme about all dogs being therapy dogs! We have not had our own dog for many years, but I sure enjoy spending time with my sister's dogs. Just petting them is therapy! I hope you can get some help for your hearing, too. We use the close captioning a lot so we can understand the accents on our favorite British and Australian shows! Have a great day, Michele!

Angela said...

I love that Tshirt!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I like time alone too! It doesn't seem to happen very often so I cherish it when I get it. My whole family has eye problems but not ear problems. We all do the best we can with what life throws at us.

PaintedThread said...

We watch a lot of British television, so we use closed caption all the time! Ugh - getting old is no fun! I'm heading for a family get together on Cape Cod - that's about as big of a vacation that I tend to take. :-)

Susie H said...

I laughed at all your little jokes. Fun, fun, fun. I totally get what you said about a vacation -- at home. I'd go one step further and say that time at home ALONE because I take care of my mother and she has moved in with us. Hope you have a great week!