Thursday, July 11, 2024

I Like Thursdays: July 11, 2024

 


Good morning and welcome to another addition of "I like Thursdays" hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.

Well we got rain last night and that is something we are grateful for today.  It wasn't a whole lot of rain but it was enough.  Down at the park this morning, some of the paths are still full of water!


Lately a mother duck has been bringing her babies to the pond we walk by.  The ducklings love to play on the waterlilies and I get such a kick watching them! 


It's not a great photo but I was trying to be respectful.  Mother Duck was sitting on the side of the pond keeping an eye on everything.  Then we realized this is what she watching:

Blue Heron

Even Lucky was apprehensive about that big feller!
He decided to watch him from afar!

This week's prompt is what kind of beverage we like during the summer.  I drink water and occasionally lemonade.  I don't make my own lemonade anymore but I found one that is tart enough  and that is called Lively Lemonade by Tropicana.  

The temperature is pretty good right now so I'm off to the garden to weed.  

Have a safe and happy weekend!






4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

A little rain is always welcome! Those herons are so majestic - I love seeing them. I can see why Mama Duck was protective of her babies, though. Happy Thursday!

piecefulwendy said...

We've had so much rain here this summer, so everything is growing by leaps and bounds. You have some lovely wildlife to enjoy on your walks.

PaintedThread said...

I bet those ducklings were cute to watch!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your pictures of the blue heron and the duck family. I'm hoping we get rain tomorrow. It's just been hot and humid here.