Thursday, July 27, 2023

I Like Thursdays: July 27, 2023

 


Happy Thursday!

Time for "I like Thursdays" hosted by LeeAnna.  Be sure to visit her for more positive posts!  We all need good energy these days!

Happily....

My husband and mother are both recuperating from their surgeries/procedures.  That alone is worth celebrating.  My mother says she is exhausted and so Kerry the poodle is still here for overnights.  It works out better; it's the first day of our latest heat wave and I want to walk Kerry at 6 a.m. before the heat really sets in (it's already so hot and thick outside).  Kerry LOVES being here.  She's made a bunch of friends in our neighborhood and has settled into our routine nicely!

I like rain!


The heat may be upon us but we've been getting regular rain and that makes life easier (for me and the garden).

This week I actually got a few minutes in the sewing room!  I'm not working on any major project.  Life is too chaotic these days.  But it's the perfect time to piece some placemats.  Our guild donates them to the local Meals on Wheels organization.  It's also a great way to use up scraps and leftover backing.  I figure even if I only get one placemat done a day (and sometimes that is all I can fit in), it's better than getting nothing accomplished.


I like things that remind me of happy times in my childhood.  My one grandmother loved dogs and had one until she grew too old.  Another grandmother had a great sense of humor.  She had a rubber dog in the living room on the floor and used to say that was her pet.  I have one just like hers (plus a smaller version).


Edward Mobley animals were produced in the late 1950s/early 1960s.  I gave one to my brother and he was so delighted.  It reminded him of fun at Nana's too.

Well it's time to take Kerry for her morning walk in the park.  Wishing you a safe and happy day!











6 comments:

Angela said...

Sweet memories of your gran!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so glad to hear that everyone is recuperating! I bet your mom really appreciates your taking care of Kerry for her. It's hot here, too, and we sure could use some rain. You could send some our way!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

So glad everyone is feeling better. It's so nice to have happy memories from our childhood. Try to stay cool!

PaintedThread said...

Yay for everyone recuperating. I hope they all bounce back soon.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Yay for everyone recuperating. I don't walk Bobbin early in the morning, the roads are just too narrow, and when the morning traffic slows down (OK truthfully it may be 5 cars all morning) more on weekends, the asphalt is too hot for her feet. I am jealous of the rain. We water daily, trees, lawn, our tiny garden. We will get into a groove eventually.

Susie H said...

Good to hear you had some playtime in the sewing room this week. The heat this summer has been incredible. Both you & the dog are better off walking very early while it's a bit cooler. Hope you had a good weekend and that the healing continues for your hubby & mother.