Thursday, July 13, 2023

I Like Thursdays: July 13, 2023


Happy Thursday!
It's "I like Thursday" and time to celebrate the good in life!  Please check out other happy posts by visiting our hostess LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color!

Today's best news is that my husband is finally feeling some relief.  He's been suffering with gall stones for a few months but it had been acute during the last three weeks.  Our doctor had advised us to take him to the ER if he had more acute attacks and he went on Tuesday.  The mere fact that he would agree to go illustrated his discomfort.  Anyway, they removed his gallbladder yesterday and he came home last evening.  As he put it, "I'm sore from the surgery but I feel 50 times better than when I went to the hospital."

Today's prompt is about county and state fairs.  I had shared about our Kutztown Folk Festival here but the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage recently did an article on the auction at the festival and you can read about it here.  Some good photos of quilts too!

Obviously, it's been a week of mainly caring for my husband.  I'm hoping to get some sewing in this week!  

Have a safe and happy weekend!

 

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so sorry your husband had to go through that, but so glad he's feeling so much better now. Hopefully he'll be up and about soon! Beautiful flower photo!

Angela said...

I hope your hubby heals quickly!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I understand that gall bladder attacks can be excruciating. So happy that has been resolved. Pretty flowers and I love the little bunny in your header.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I have a friend who had her gall bladder removed and also said how much better she felt afterwards. I hope your husband continues to feel better and heal. I love your flower pic as well as the bunny!

Linda said...

Wow on your husband - how great that he was able to get his gall bladder removed and come home and feel better! I hope he is recovering well by now. Is he able to eat most anything, or is his diet restricted? Good luck!