Thursday, July 20, 2023

I Like Thursdays: July 20, 2023

 


Welcome to another addition of "I like Thursdays"!  Today we celebrate all that is good in life.  You can read more positive blessings by visiting LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.

It's been a week...

Brad is still recovering from surgery.  Mom had to be taken to the ER on Saturday.  She has another procedure today and hopefully this one will go well.

While she's in the hospital, her dog Kerry is vacationing with us.  It has been nice to have a dog in the house again.  Kerry has pretty much fit in to our routine. 


When I'm not at the hospital or caring for hubby, I walk her and she is enjoying socializing with folks and pups in our neighborhood.  She keeps hubby company while I'm at the hospital and leaving her mark in the house:


Other good things:

The lovelies in the garden.

Italian Ice, perfect for a hot and humid day and not too heavy to eat.  I like the lemon flavor:

Catching up and editing pinterest boards and other quilt related ideas on my tablet (at the hospital).

That is my life this week!

Have a safe and happy week!







4 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Kerry looks like the perfect companion for Brad. Hope your mom feels better soon. The Momma (my mom) used to make lemon ice in the freezer. It was a lot like granita.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

When you have to spend time at the hospital, a tablet and the Internet are a godsend! (Ask me how I know...) Hope everything goes well for your mom, and Brad is on the mend, too. So nice that you enjoy taking Kerry when your mom needs help!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I hope your mom and husband are both better soon. So nice you have Kerry around! Make sure to take care of yourself too!

PaintedThread said...

Kerry is a cutie. Your garden must be lovely. I hope everyone stays healthy this week.