Thursday, May 18, 2023

I Like Thursdays: May 18, 2023

 


Happy Thurday!
As always, many bloggers share what makes them happy on "I like Thursdays" posts.  LeeAnna our hostess has many happy posts so visit her here for more inspiration!

Things I like:

A new baby bunny living in our garden.  I got the best photo I could of the little bambino, who is much smaller than appears in the photo:


***

I finished Katie's quilt top!  No photo to share but sewing seems to go by the wayside during gardening season.  Today my husband and I will take it to Terri, my favorite machine quilter.  Katie lives next door and we have known her all her life.  I'm excited to get this done as soon as possible because her wedding is in September!

Now I get to do some "free sewing" and am excited to buzz around my sewing room as we await some much needed rain!

***
Our great-niece Remi had her first birthday and...she's walking!


***
This week's prompt is "Have you ever had a close encounter with any celebrities?  Seen someone in person, talked to them, etc.  Please tell us the details!"

We live close enough to NYC that we tend to just notice celebrities and keep going (which is what most people in NY do when they see celebrities).  Once I was kissed by a famous poet but for the most part, I just figure folks are folks and leave it at that (sorry, I don't get kissed and tell).

***
I like fuchsia.  I went to my local fabric store and on the way home noticed that one of the farms had a sign out for fresh produce.  We had visited the farm before and liked their produce.  I got my husband fresh asparagus and two hanging baskets of fuchsia each for under $15 (so full and mature they  would have cost me $50 for each basket here in town).  Score!



Have a safe and happy weekend!








10 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Great deal on the fuchsia baskets! In Nashville we would have close encounters with country music stars fequently.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love seeing the baby bunnies when they pop up around here, too! Hooray for an almost finished quilt - that will be a lovely wedding gift. The fuschia plants are beautiful!

LA Paylor said...

so who all did you see just walking around NYC?

Kathleen said...

My mother always had fuschia on the patio....now I need to get some for my front porch!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Baby bunnies and that gorgeous hanging fuschia...wonderful. I wonder who the poet was???

PaintedThread said...

We have not yet seen any baby buns yet. You make me jealous! That is an adorable photo of Remi.

Robin said...

I once passed Robert Goulet in an airport. But, we were living in Las Vegas at the time as as you say, seeing celebrities wasn't uncommon.

piecefulwendy said...

Now you have us all wondering who the poet was - LOL! Pretty fuschia!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your bunny is so darn cute! Love that colorful fuchsia! That pink is just beautiful.

Susie H said...

I love fuchsia plants. In the past I've had them under my redbud tree hanging on shepherd hooks. Sweet little bunny!