Thursday, January 5, 2023

I like Thursdays: January 5, 2023

 


Well it's Thursday and time to post the good in life!  "I like Thursdays" is hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color.  Be sure to visit her and see what other positive things bloggers are sharing!

I'm so grateful the holidays are over and calm resumes!  The weather has been good this past week and we've gotten lots of walks in with the dog.  I'm so grateful we are not dealing with the more inclement weather around the western part of the country.


It's been a busy week but yesterday I took mom to the doctor's and she got a fairly good bill of health.  She needs to have one infusion to increase her iron but other than that, she's doing well!  That's always a blessing!

This week's prompt is: 
"Is there a class you'd like to take? What would you learn or do in this class? Is there a person you'd like to study with?"


Actually, no.  I do love learning but I'm at a point at my life when my free (aka sewing) time is so infrequent that I don't wish to take on any other responsibilities, much less a class.  

I'm always learning and always curious.  My grandfather once told me, "You don't go to college to learn the answers.  You go to college to learn how to find the answers."  

I actually love researching and self-learning at this point whether it be mundane (when was wrapping paper invented: 1917) or important (current events).

Anyway, that is my answer to the prompt.

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!




6 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

I'm grateful that we live in an age where so much is available to us online, and on our time. Your grandfather had a good philosophy!

LA Paylor said...

fabulous comment on studying. Love your grandfather's quote, so true.
Cat school, adorable image!
we have the snow at the moment with two snowfalls but it's okay as I can just do my studio thing... and look out at whiteness covering the brown
LeeAnna

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! I'm glad to have the holidays behind us as well. Isn't it a treat to be able to enjoy those walks with Scout even in early January. I'll take this weather for as long as it wants to stick around. Any day I don't have to drive in a snowstorm is a great day for me! Happy New Year. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy New Year, Michele! I know what you mean about not wanting to clog up your time going to scheduled classes - I like being home keeping my own schedule, too. Glad your mom is doing well!

PaintedThread said...

Scout has such a pretty face. I am bummed to be back at work full time again, but I agree it's nice to be done with the holidays.

Susie H said...

I think your grandfather was a wise man. The advice my grandfather passed along to us was "Everything in moderation". Good to hear your mother got a good health report. Happy New Year!