Thursday, January 12, 2023

I Like Thursdays: January 12, 2023

 Happy Thursday!


Today is the day bloggers post what they like for the week as part of "I like Thursdays" hosted by Lee Anna.  Be sure to visit her blog at Not Afraid of Color for more happy news!

The first good news is that a man was rescued in our city yesterday.  The first clue that was something was wrong was the helicopters circling our area.  Apparently two contractors were working on a water line when the trench collapsed.  One man was freed right away, the other man was freed after 8 hours.  The helicopters were from the local and Philadelphia news crews.  We are all relieved the man made it out and wish him a speedy recovery!


My husband is back to work and now in Texas.  Scout and I are taking advantage of the quiet time and sewing up a storm.  I'm learning to find different ways to do things and not hurt my aching hands.  This week I finished two quilts for the kids by applying all the binding by machine.  I don't like to do this and I'm not great at it but I want to get these done for the little ones in our family.

TV is improved this week.  All Creatures Great and Small is back on PBS and I'm enjoying the new episodes of Maine Cabin Masters and Hometown.

Our prompt for this week's blog post is do we use calendars?  Yes but as the years have gone on, I'm down to one calendar that is hung on the refrigerator.  It's an easy referral for us and my husband can remember where the calendar is!

Best of all, we've had good weather this month.  Scout and I are walking more and hopefully will lose some of the weight we gained the last few weeks!

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!



7 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! I'm so happy to hear that you are still able to sew and that you've found a workaround for binding. Nice weather for walking with Scout is always a good thing! Happy Thursday, my friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Oh, yea, for All Creatures! Have fun with the sewing.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

It's so nice to able to sew whenever you like! Getting to walk outside this time of year is always fun. It must be fun for Scout to get outside.

LA Paylor said...

it's great to see All Creatures back! don't know the other shows but will check them out. Love a visual hanging calendar to tell at a glance what day it is! Love to Scout and you
LeeAnna

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always good to see an emergency resolved successfully! I love All Creatures Great and Small, too. Glad you are sewing again, too. The machine sewn bindings will be really strong for the kids' use. Happy Thursday!

Linda said...

I hear you about a weight gain during the holidays. Holidays give us free reign to enjoy all the goodies. Where is your husband in Texas? We are in far north Texas. I like the name "Scout".

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad to hear All Creatures is back on! We don't watch much tv but we do love this series and would have missed it! Thanks!