Thursday, January 19, 2023

I Like Thursdays: January 19, 2023

 


Happy Thursday!

Well it's "I like Thursday" and time to post about the good things in life.  For more positive posts, visit our hostess LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color!

Our prompt this week is about lists.  I only keep quilt lists anymore.  I keep it on my computer because I know it won't get thrown out or used for someone else's list (not naming names, hubby).

I have a habit of forgetting what's next that I should be sewing  and then I start a whole new project.  So it's a big list (over 30 projects) but it keeps me on track.  I also have a UFO list for a challenge my guild is doing.  What do you use to keep your projects organized?

So Mom is back in the hospital.  She had an iron transfusion and then crashed with low blood pressure.  She's much improved as I write this on Wednesday but the doctors are running tests and making sure she's stable before sending her home.

Between my hospital visits, I'm also caring for her dog Kerry.  Kerry is a beautiful standard poodle but a bit wild and untrained (hence the Animal Trainer card above). 
Fortunately, my husband is home for a few days because I could never walk her.  He also covers dogsitting for her while I'm at the hospital with Mom.

And then there is Scout...

Scout is not keen on having Kerry here.  But she is coping and being a good girl.

Other things I like this week:  some finishes!

I've been machine binding some quilts and getting things done.  These are easy quilts that are being given to kids, etc.  I'm not making anything difficult these days.

Brennan's quilt:  I finished this in a hurry because Brennan (age 2.5) was hospitalized last week with colon or bowel problems.  Anyway, this was the big part of his get well package!

I also completed two more just like it for Kennedy and Everett but will mail those in February for Valentine's Day.  Four more of the same pattern and layout are at Terri's for machine quilting right now.  After doing 7 of these tops, I was grateful that all the four-patches are used up.

Dawn likes owls and bold colors and this quilt was finished and ready to gift to her.  Like I said, these are easy projects but it's all I can handle these days with so many things going on.

Have a safe and happy weekend!







9 comments:

Helen said...

I'm super impressed that you know what your next 30 projects are! I barely can keep up with one at a time!

Robin said...

I keep a list of UFOs (I'm down to four quilts to finish). And I have 14 tops left to quilt. It's also a list of all the quilts I have made by year. Other than that I just make grocery lists and call it good.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Easy projects are perfect for when you've got other stuff going on, like your mom in the hospital. They are both really pretty! I hope she's feeling better each day. I remember Mike's mom needing iron infusions, too. Maybe Kerry will get some training at your house, lol! At least Scout can be a good example.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope the doctors can figure out why her blood pressure dropped so low. Goodness. That's scary. I'm also so happy that DH is home to help you with Kerry and just overall support you. I'm sure this is causing Scout a bit of stress - she is sensitive to your feelings, plus Kerry is hanging around. Good job on the quilts. I'm also sorry to hear about little Brennan. I'll add him to my prayers. Gosh, you have a lot on your plate. {{Hugs}} You need to remember to take care of youself, too. ~smile~ Roseanne

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I hope your mom is back home and healthy soon. Scout sounds like a nice dog. Nice quilt finishes!

PaintedThread said...

That's the danger of paper lists! I've lost more than one (because I threw them out!). lol I'm sorry your Mom is in the hospital. I hope she continues to improve. Poor Scout - I'm not always keen on sharing, either!

bookkm said...

I miss you, Mickie! I hope your Mom is getting better and that you and the hubby are managing! and I hope looking at your quilts.

BTW, I can lose things ANYWHERE! even on my computer.

Karen M.

Miaismine said...

Your quilt in your header photo is so fun and joyful! Is it hand pieced? It’s lovely!
To keep my projects organized my sweet daughter made me many Project Bags 2.0 by Annie. The pattern has many different sizes and wow! They are so useful. I also use cube storage bins to store like projects. I have a running list on my computer of UFOs which is becoming shorter every month.
Carol’s To Do Tuesday @quiltschmilt keeps me organized with current projects.
I pray your Mama improves and becomes stable soon.
Your quilting is lovely! Yours is lovely. Its simplicity makes it look so cozy and homey….I don’t know….there’s just something about basic patchwork quilts that I love.
Lovely quilt for Dawn! Love those colors!

LA Paylor said...

how worrisome about mom... iron and blood pressure and what the heck?!!
Kerry... thought she was a different breed... well a head strong untrained poodle is a tyrant! You'll probably get her socialized quickly. Poor long suffering Scout. She knows how much peace means in a home!Maybe she'll train Kerry for you. When Cole and I took our neighbor's dog for a week while they were on vacay, he got her under control! When she wouldn't lie down at night, he growled til she did, when she pulled on walks he gruffed at her. LeeAnna