Thursday, July 7, 2022

I Like Thursdays: July 7, 2022

 


Happy Thursday!
Time to celebrate the good things in life by participating in "I Like Thursdays" a day when bloggers share all that is good in their world.  Find more positive posts over at Lee Anna's our hostess at Not Afraid of Color!

I like that my husband is home.  Unfortunately he was diagnosed with Whooping Cough and we have had to isolate.  I'm grateful that all the masking and sterilizing I've been doing has so far seemed to inhibit me from getting it too!

I like my puppy.  All my dogs have loved electric fans and Scout is no different.  She moves her head back and forth like a model and it cracks me up!


Scout loves her friend Corrine and belly massages:


 One thing that Scout is not fond of is getting groomed.  She was recently groomed along with my Mom's dog.  The groomer said she would take one dog at a time but apparently both of them decided they wanted to get done as soon as possible.  Both jumped up on the grooming table when it was lowered:


Every morning I like to check the garden and fill a wee basin that sits atop one of my bird baths.  I like to put water in there once day for bees and butterflies and small birds.
 

Yesterday I was amused to see a big ol' Mourning Dove using the basin:


I was expecting the birds to use that area for a sitz bath!

I hope you are all doing well and wish you a safe and happy weekend!













5 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Dogs are constant sources of amusement I find. Ned just got his nails cut which is about as much grooming as he gets. I am surprised by all the use our bird bath gets. Always something in it and another lined up to take a turn.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so glad Brad is getting better, and that you've managed to avoid getting whooping cough. Scout looks like she's having fun with her fan and her friends! That's a great little bird bath - we love seeing any bird on ours.

PaintedThread said...

Whooping cough! Ugh! I love that photo of Scout with the fan. lol

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I hope your husband feels better. Scott looks so cute getting groomed! I have a bird bath but forgot to put it out. I should put it out since it's been so dry here. Have a great weekend!

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

My son had whooping cough in his last year of high school. It is no joke!! He would cough so much that he would throw up several times a day. In the end, we went to an ENT and they put him on a medicine to calm down the redness in his esophagus. Kids are resilient though and he went to camp that summer and still used hot sauce in the camp dining room. I hope you don't get it and that your hubby is on the mend soon. It is a nasty illness that truly is one to be avoided if possible.