Thursday, July 14, 2022

I Like Thursdays: July 14, 2022

 Happy Thursday!


It's time for a happy post as part of  "I like Thursdays" hosted by Lee Anna from Not Afraid of Color.  Join her and visit the other bloggers here!

Hubby is home and I'm always grateful to have him here and healthy.  We haven't been doing much as he just wants to rest and that is fine with me.


The dog days of summer are here and I like this neck fan that my neighbor gave me.  It does cool me off when I'm working in the attic or in the garden and I even bought one for my aunt to keep her cool!

 

I like a man who can cook.  DH says it relaxes him when he cooks.  He made dinner last weekend which gave us leftovers for a few days.  And he's going to cook again tomorrow!  He makes a kick-butte stir-fry and I really enjoy it!

I like when a baby proves a doctor wrong!  My grandniece Remi laughs all the time.  She was only a week old and Maggie sent us a video of her sleeping and she was laughing in her sleep!  Brad was skeptical until he saw the video.  She is our laughing baby.  Maggie took her to the doctor and when she mentioned that Remi laughs all the time, the doctor told her:  "babies don't laugh at this age."  Maggie talked to Remi and the baby started laughing and cooing...it astonished the doctor!  Good girl Remi!

 On Monday, we will finally get to meet Remi!  Brad is well over his whooping cough and Mom and I both learned we had gotten vaccinated for it shortly before the pandemic started (it was part of the tetanus shots we received).  We can hardly wait to see her!


Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!






4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

My gosh, she sounds like a special and totally adorable baby doesn't she! I wish Tony could cook; when I met him, he lived on frozen food. It would be nice to have a break now and then. But nice too to have your hubby home safe and sound. Enjoy it all!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad the whooping cough is gone! It does sound nice to have a husband who cooks. I don't have one here, but Mike is great at doing the dishes. I never turn that down! Remi sounds like a sweet baby - wonderful that can meet her soon!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! Happy Thursday to you. I've always wondered about those Arctic Air neck things - I'm happy to see you like them and even bought one for your aunt. I need one in the office. My a/c has been out all summer with no hope for it being fixed. The part is on order since the beginning of April. I think it's on a ship on the Red Sea! Aww, isn't that sweet about Remi?!!! I adore that name - I'd love to hear her laughing and cooing. What a little sweetheart!! They are just the best, aren't they?!! Enjoy. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Baby laughter is the best! A hubby that can cook is a wonderful thing. good stuff!