Thursday, July 21, 2022

I like Thursdays: July 18, 2022

 Happy Thursday!  Time to share the things in life that make us happy!  Visit Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color for other happy posts!



I'm grateful it is 2022 and I don't have to wear all the clothing and layers that ladies wore in yesteryears!   It's been a hot and humid week!


Last week Brad and I took Scout to one of our favorite places...Monocacy Park in Bethlehem, PA.  It's a lovely shady park that was built by the WPA during the depression.  It's the new photo at the top of my page.  That white rectangle is actually the waterfall.  Here's a better view of the waterfall:



So happy because we finally got to meet Remi our newest member of the family and my first great-niece!  She's a wonderful baby full of chatter and laughter and it was a joy to finally meet her!

 
It's been a busy family filled week.  Hugh Paul got an accommodation from the Navy!  He's my cousin/nephew (my aunts and uncles are my age).   He's been in the Navy for years and developed a new logistics program for the Navy to get PPE and vaccines to the troops quicker and more reliably.

A new project is always fun!  I'm working on about 50 very small quilts to accompany a children's book I really like.  The book is called The Little Ghost Who Was a Quilt and you can read about it on my other blog here.

It's stinking hot so Scout and I take our walks at daybreak and nightfall.  I'm sure it's stinking hot where you are too!  Stay cool and hydrated!

Have a safe and happy weekend!




7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like a beautiful park! Shady is necessary these days! Remi looks like a cutie, and congratulations to your cousin, too. Looking forward to seeing those quilts that go with the book!

Shannon said...

50 small quilts sounds like a huge project! That sounds really cool! and congrats on the new grand-niece! she's adorable!

LA Paylor said...

Mickie are you getting my emails? I long wondered if I'm not getting through. We had a side hustle prompt this week and there is one for next week... email me for the details.
I love that park and the baby makes me LOL too! LeeAnna at LAPaylor at gmail dot com

piecefulwendy said...

Remi is adorable! I think we are all wilting from the heat! Stay cool!

PaintedThread said...

I would have been a rebel if I had to wear all those layers! Ugh. What a cute kid - look at that smile. Congrats to your cousin - that's great!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! We take our walk at daybreak, too. I drive to work half an hour early so I can get a walk in before starting at 6 am. Big congrats to Hugh Paul for developing a logistics program. How exciting and something to be so proud of. And sweet little Remi!!! Oh goodness. I'm SO glad you got to meet her. {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Neddy and I are taking our walk early in the morning and then Tony takes him late afternoon. Yes, very hot here too. Oh my, babies are really the best aren't they. What a wonderful program Hugh Paul has developed...definitely will continue to be needed by the looks of things. You stay cool now and hydrated.