Thursday, June 30, 2022

I Like Thursdays: July 30, 2022


Happy Thursday!

Today we celebrate all that is good in the world!  If you need a pick-me-up, visit Lee Anna's website for more Thursday bloggers!

 

I finished the 18 doll quilts and 9 doll pillows I wanted to make for the little girls in my family.  It was the most fun I've had sewing in a long time and I got to use all kinds of things from my stash.


I posted more photos over at my Pennsylvania Piecemaker blog here.

Other things that make me happy include seeing my brother putter around in the pond that he built and loves so much.  He's been ill for so very long but it's good to see him doing something more normal.  This year he added floating planters to the pond and they add such a nice charm!


My neighbor introduced me to a new candy that I love!  I'm not often enthused about candy but I like the fruit flavors of the mamba candy!  I gave some to my mom and now she loves them too!

The garden continues to please me with new things blooming every day like these coneflowers!


Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday!








7 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So what makes these candy mamba so good, I wonder. I picked up Tony's supply of McIntosh toffees yesterday. So nice your brother is getting back to normal activities. There used to be a decorative pond at the farm that had grown over by the time I got there. Love coneflowers!

Kathryn said...

I like your new header from the Rose Garden. Sam and I were just there yesterday to take a 'glamour shot' of one of my quilts. My good deed for the day was to take a picture of a woman with her mother who was celebrating her 98th birthday. They picked a beautiful place to celebrate.

Angela said...

The pond looks wonderful!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the sweet doll quilts. I know I should learn to quilt well enough to make some for my dolls. I've made little pillows but I don't sew as much any more.

PaintedThread said...

Pretty flowers. Doll quilts must be fun to make - small projects whip up so quickly! Enjoy the weekend.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your doll quilts! That was quite a project. Beautiful pond, and flowers, too! Happy Thursday, Michele!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your doll quilts are adorable! I'm so glad your brother is feeling better and can enjoy that beautiful pond. Love your flowers too!