Thursday, July 8, 2021

I Like Thursdays: July 8, 2021

Hi Happy Thursday!

Yes I'm back for now.  I hope you are all doing well.  I just needed a break.  It's the dog days of summer so now I'm in the house again until the weather breaks a little bit.  It's "I like Thursday" and time to post fun things on the internet.  It's hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color so be sure to visit all the sites!!!

I like anything involving fresh fruit and vegetables in the summer time.  I made a Glazed Lemon Raspberry Bundt cake about 2 weeks ago and my husband loved it. I did have to make it more to his tastes (less lemon in the cake and used a lemon glaze instead) but he was happy with it. 
Recipe is here.
My husband is still home and been working all over the house.  Now hubby, my bro, and neighbor Howie are working on changing the exterior of the house so there is an overhang above one when they enter the house.  Not having that little bit of shelter has been a pet peeve of my husband's.  So as long as my carpenter/contractor brother is involved, I'm relaxed (my husband is more along the lines of Tim The Toolman).

Scout is well and fared through another Fourth of July.  Fortunately Dad was home and she sat on the couch with him through the boomers!

My quest to keep the little boy across the street talking to me continued.  I made him a dinosaur garden with plants he liked (tactile lamb's ears and cock's comb) and of course it included his favorite:  dinosaurs!
He loved it!

This summer he has been yelling "Hi!" to me which makes my heart sing!

Other than that just weeding, sewing (not much finished yet), and pruning the garden.

I hope you are having a wonderful summer!
Have a safe and happy day!



 

8 comments:

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your cake looks delicious! I took a break from I Like Thursday too. Sometimes, you just need it! That's so cute with your little neighbor! My son loved dinosaurs too. My husband wants to fix things around the house but has no clue what he's doing! Nice your brother is around to help out!

LA Paylor said...

it was a roller coaster ride of sit, BARK, run in circles, run in the yard, sit, pass out, startle away and BARK run in circles. For 8 days now, and even last night more. Why do people need to make noise?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your cake looks delicious! Glad your hubby has support and helpers for his house project. Sounds like your project for the little boy across the street has had a positive effect! Have a great Thursday, Michele!

PaintedThread said...

Mmm. That bundt cake looks delicious. Who wouldn't love dinosaurs! Welcome back to the blogosphere!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

It's always a blessing to have happy little kids in our lives I think. Delicious bundt cake...just my style. And an overhang for added protection will be a good thing. Men need such projects, I find.

dq said...

We need blogging breaks some times. I took one too.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! Oh, a dinosaur garden sounds like fun. I wonder what your little friend's name is? It looks like the dinosaurs are guarding your house well, just in case Scout misses something. It's good to have a neighbor onguard! How cool to have a contractor brother!!! I think we might have a budding electrician in the greats - we'll see. Sometimes I think the trades are becoming extinct, sadly. We still need all of them! {{Hugs}} a bunch for you. ~smile~ Roseanne

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your cake looks yummy. Love the dino garden idea. The neighbor sounds so cute. The first day I took my dad walking the neighbor's 3 year old son came out and yelled at my dad...George! You are out of the hospital! I am so happy to see you! I love you, soon I will be able to give you hugs! I didn't realize just how much it meant to my dad that those kids yell at him hello and they love him. Glad your hubby has help with those pesky projects around the house.