Thursday, July 22, 2021

I like Thursdays: July 22, 2021

 

Happy Thursday!  Today many bloggers celebrate the positive part of life with our hostess, Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color!

Today we are grateful we got rain yesterday.  The storms weren't long but they were torrential when they passed through and gave the garden a deep soak.  Today it's not as humid and a great day to work in the garden.

We've had a variety of butterflies in the garden during the last two weeks!  It's always fun to see them here!

Two good friends!  Tinkerbell is my neighbor's dog and she and Scout get along really well.  They are like 2 year old kids.  They mostly just enjoy watching and barking at the squirrels in the neighborhood.  Tinker of course does the most barking and often Scout just sits there as folks walk by.  We tell them Tink has to protect the big dog 😁

Today is so beautiful...not humid and cool and a perfect day to work in the garden so I'm off!

Have a lovely day!


6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Beautiful photo of the butterfly! Is that a monarch? I'm glad you got rain - we could sure use some. Scout and her friend are the sentinels! I bet those pesky squirrels are on alert!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Everywhere I went today I was dive bombed by monarch butterflies, even at the library. Bobbin is always on guard too, Fed Ex, mail man, Amazon, UPS, and any sound she deems strange, which could be my leather chair squeaking. Love Scouts buddy. I like when the storms come through, but then at work at night the A/C kicks on high and I freeze all night.

PaintedThread said...

Pretty butterfly! Isn't the break from the heat lovely? How fun to have a buddy to play around with!

LA Paylor said...

good friends

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Before I forget, what is that fabric line you are using in the great niece's quilt...love that shade of pink.
Torrential rain seems to be the trend this summer. My Goat's beard tall bush has taken quite a beating as the branches are like bamboo and bend easily.
So nice to enjoy a day without humidity! Dogs enjoy playing with each other so much!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

It's been so humid. I enjoy the dry air. So nice to see the dogs are such good friends!