Thursday, July 29, 2021

I Like Thursdays: July 29, 2021

 Good Morning!  It's "I Like Thursdays" and time to post positive things on the internet! Be sure to read other blog posts via our hostess Lee Anna!

I've been spending these balmy days either watering the garden or binding quilts inside.  Today is wonderfully overcast with rain expected later.  We really need the rain so I am grateful!


I love my new addition to the garden: a perennial hibiscus.   I've wanted for years and bought one this season.  It has not disappointed!

I liked this book I read by Trevor Noah:


I liked the opening ceremonies of the Olympics!  It's always fun to see the colorful flags and costumes the athletes wear!


Loving the fresh produce of the season!  Watermelon, fresh cucumbers, and my hubby's favorite, corn on the cob!

Wishing you a weekend of fun and good health!  Stay safe!





6 comments:

dq said...

Beautiful flowers and thanks for the Olympic reminder.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Lovely flowers. I have been enjoying the rainy, humid weather.

piecefulwendy said...

Oh, a perennial hibiscus would be so nice! I don't think it would survive in my zone, though. I thought the drone thing during the Olympic opening was amazing. Glad you are having some rain!

PaintedThread said...

Such pretty flowers! I need to pick up some corn this weekend. :-)

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I've got that book on my list. I've heard it's really good. Great flowers!

grammajudyb said...

Beautiful hibiscus! I’ve read Trevor Noah’s book. I enjoyed it also!