Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017


"Hope
Smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
Whispering 'it will be happier'...."
--Alfred Tennyson

Wishing you a peaceful New Year.


I've been doing a lot of road trips since Tuesday.  The calls and kindnesses continue to come as the word spreads throughout our neighborhood.  LeeAnna's advice was to get out of the house and it was wise.  I've visited two friends, gone flea marketing, bought some much needed personal things (boots and a purse).  Brad came home yesterday and it is easier with someone else wandering around the cottage. 

 Today I'll sew and make pork and sauerkraut (traditional Pa. Dutch New Year dinner) before our friend Carol comes over to watch The Librarians with us.  

I'm also concentrating on completing UFOs.  I'm joining up the American Patchwork and Quilting Challenge which you can learn about here.  

January UFOs to complete

I have a program to finish and market so the next months will be busy.

My 2017 is focused on springtime.  LeeAnna connected me with a reputable breeder and we are hoping to have a puppy come spring.  I hope that Lee Anna  and I will have siblings which could be fun.  This is the thought that has made me stop crying (all the time to just some of the time).  

Well I'm off to have coffee with the girls up the street.  Have a wonderful day and year full of peace and happiness.


1 comment:

Julierose said...

Oh hang in there, it is so tough to lose such a wonderful family member...when i lost my Jou-Jou--it took me such a long time to recover. But, LeeAnna is right--try to keep yourself moving and busy--getting a new puppy will be thrilling and bring smiles to your heart...hugs from a fellow dog-lover Julierose