Sunday, October 23, 2011

Polly's Pumpkin

Here's a blog I really love!  Sarah's "Gingerbread Cottage" is a wonderful blog to visit for inspiration.  This past week Sarah posted a drawing of Polly's Pumpkin with the hopes that one of us would use it since Sarah is a bit busy these days.

Honestly, Halloween is my least favorite holiday of the year.  Then there is the little chair from the one room school house...for years I've been hankering to put a pillow on it for each season and holiday (so far I only have two).  Obviously,  I had nothing for Halloween.  Polly and her pumpkin were so endearing I had to embroider a wee pillow for my tiny chair. 
Thank you Sarah!!!
It was an easy little project, done in just two nights during tv watching and I think it is really sweet.  I think Sarah still has her drawing posted so if you want one, go visit her and tell her Mickie sent you!

6 comments:

Allie said...

Wow wow how cute is that - must go visit! And I love your little chair too! Halloween is not my fave either, but this is too cute to miss.

Sarah said...

Oh, Mickie your pillow is so sweet and I love the colors you chose to make up Polly. I hadn't thought of making it into a pillow--such a good idea! Thank you for your kind words--you are so very nice. :-)

quilter000 said...

Mickie that is so sweet and love them both

Martha said...

I love that chair, and the pillow is adorable. I really enjoyed visiting Sarah's site.

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwwwwww your pillow is so sweet! I used to make a big fuss over Halloween - all kinds of decorations and lights - but the older I get, the less seasonal decorating I do - it's a huge amount of work, nobody else here appreciates it so it's all left up to me - if the guys had their choice we wouldn't even put up a Christmas tree! Oh wait - they don't put it up - I DO! LOL!

jonhebert said...

I understand that Halloween may be the most thrilling holidays of the year. But in the past few years it has also taken on an even more important message, and actually one that you should care about:It is not only the month for Halloween, but breast cancer awareness month!!! Treat yourself or a loved one because you care! I am just stopping by with a reminder to do your self breast exam.
Here's a fun place to start! Everybody loves boob lube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p8pIHy2GRI