Friday, October 21, 2011

had i the heaven's embroidered cloths...

I love love love LOVE embroidery and guess what I got?   Gifts from friends!!!  Here are two recent pieces I received from friends as birthday presents!
I have a real weakness for coverlets from the 30s and 40s made for kids.  Pam got me this beauty:
which included Molly and May of course:
Another weakness?  Yes BUNNIES!!! Love them!  Even named my son Peter after Peter Rabbit!  Kim gave me this towel which she knew I would adore:
I'm so fortunate to have such wonderful friends.  They are a true blessing and make my heart sing with gratitude.  As if all this wasn't enough, I received a redwork baby quilt yesterday which I have to photograph today and will post.  Off to write thank you notes now.......

4 comments:

Linda said...

Those are wonderful!!! Wht a great gift!

Martha said...

Happy Birthday, Mickie! I also love vintage children's quilts -- especially when they're embroidered -- and yours is so sweet. That bunny towel with the rick-rack is cute, too.

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwwwww they're adorable - and I get to see them in person next month - WOOOhooooooooooooo!!

Allie said...

Sooo sweet!! I too love any vintage embroideries like that - you have wonderful friends!!