Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A New Tool....

I am fortunate in that I have many antique and vintage quilts, many of which have been given to me as gifts from friends. But my passion is collecting the paper part of quilting and embroidery: patterns, illustrations and articles. Today, in an effort to develop this research into programs, I bought my first all in one printer/scanner/copier. DH is away in Wyoming working, it is snowing and a perfect time to have all my piles of research out and start putting my notes to work (and leave them out, eat in the living room, etc). Obviously, I am working on Sunbonnet Sue---this illustration is from a 1921 Woman's World magazine article featuring the patterns of "John Then". I am hoping to develop a power point program on Sue after the research and notes are organized and set. It's a lot of work but I love it :)

1 comment:

Joan J said...

I'm a big Sunbonnet Sue fan! Recently at a flea market I found a framed 1909 original SS print (for $5!) and have it hanging in my quilt room now. Love it. Good luck on all your work and research. It sounds like fun (and a lot of work!)