Thursday, May 27, 2021

I Like Thursdays: May 27, 2021

 Today is "I like Thursdays" and time to fill the internet with hapy thoughts!  Hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color , you can see more positive thoughts and other participating bloggers at her blog!

Many things to like this week!  It rained yesterday!  We sure could use more but I'll take the brief storms that passed through are area last night.  An added bonus?  The rain didn't knock down my foxgloves.  Some are over five feet tall!  I was lucky they had such sturdy stems this year!

Last Sunday, I had to call over to my neighbor Janet who was in her backyard.  I told her I had a problem in my garden and needed help.  Her husband often gives me a hand when something happens that I can't handle when my husband is away...but even her husband couldn't handle this situation.

"I have a dinosaur in my backyard," I yelled.  "It's leaving eggs all over the place!"  Janet's 3-year-old grandson Gavin immediately ran to her and looked up to listen to our conversation.  "I think I need a good dinosaur hunter.  Know anyone?" I asked Janet.  Gavin immediately offered to help.

Gavin on the hunt with his faithful friend Scout.

It was so much fun to see Gavin excited and the best part was that he even talked and told us the colors of the eggs.  He has been slow to speak, is shy, and often communicates with sign language that he learned in daycare.  It was so thrilling to hear him speak!  Plus all the dinosaurs were out of my garden 😉  

On Tuesday, I was able to visit my friends from guild and it was wonderful!  The guild rented a pavilion in a park and we all brought sewing and visited safely.  It was so great to see everyone!  We even got a favor!  It had tootsie roll lollipops on the top. I thought this was funny and clever:
Over at the Pennsylvania Piecemaker blog, I have a new series offered on Wednesdays.  Story Time Stitches is about children's quilts and the correlation with illustration.  Come visit if you think you might find that interesting!

Have a safe and happy day!






7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a fun thing to do for your neighbor's grandson! I bet he loved hunting for dinosaur eggs! And what a cute favor at your guild meeting, too. So glad you were able to meet!

Kathryn said...

I'm sure you made Gavin's day. What an imagination you have!!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! Oh, your foxgloves look so pretty! I used to have the side of my house lined with them a few houses ago. Aww, that is so sweet that Gavin, the dinosaur hunter came to your assistance so quickly! And Scout was a good hunter as well. LOVE! I'm hoping to work a bit in the garden this weekend - isn't everyone?! It's cold here today with frost warnings but I'm going to get my annuals and veggie plants anyway. Then I can put them in when the warnings are over. ~smile~ Roseanne

Libby in TN said...

So sweet of you to stimulate Gavin. Love the Tootsie Tool!

PaintedThread said...

Rain is a wonderful thing! We need more, too, and will hopefully get some next week. LOL - I love the dinosaurs in your garden!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Michele, That is a wonderful learning experience you did for Gavin and fun too. What good neighbours you folks all are.
Look at those foxgloves! Beautiful and a post coordinating quilts with book illustrations for children is genius.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh the dino hunt sounds awesome. My middle grandson was non verbal for a long time too, so we taught him to sign. He now speaks, but he does have a speech impediment. Oh your foxgloves are gorgeous.