Tuesday, March 16, 2021

To-Do-Tuesday

 


It's To-Do-Tuesday!

It's the day that many bloggers like to post their goals and then we share them over at Chris Knits here.  Why not visit or join in?

I accomplished both my goals for last week.  I continued on my applique and have nearly all my blocks done.  I have to pace myself until I can see the hand doctor.  But I'm happy on my progression so far.  

I finished Jenny's top!  I had asked her mother for ideas on the colors she likes and was told she likes neutrals.  I've never done a low volume quilt but this is how neutral I get:

I've used this pattern once before.  It's called "Ebb and Flow" and was free on a fabric company's website.  Many years ago I did another batik quilt for a cousin's son when he got married using this pattern.  Jenny's is ready to go off to the quilter now!  I even had backing that works with it:

For the upcoming week, I would like to work on another aspect of my applique quilt which is pieced.  

Another goal is to finish my SAHRR wall hanging.

Finally, I want to use up two charm packs I have and mabe make a HST top.  I am thinking that maybe it would be nice as a baby quilt...but we'll see.

Have a safe and happy day!

5 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Good luck on all your goals! I’m looking forward to see all the SAHRR quilts ,

Bonnie said...

You did a great job on making a neutral quilt. Here's hoping you get this week's goals accomplished.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your neutral quilt is beautiful, Michele! I love the pattern you used. Hope your hand is allowing you to get things done.

chrisknits said...

What a lovely quilt, low volumes tops are hard to get right, but you did a great job! Good luck with next week's list. Thanks for linking up today!

dq said...

The neutrals quilt is so lovely! It has a serene feel to it! I don't know if I would have thought to do one, but I can see that it would be very satisfying.