Tuesday, March 9, 2021

To-Do-Tuesday: March 9, 2021


No snow this week which is a wonderful thing!  Today is To-Do-Tuesday and time to post goals.  We share these goals over at Chris Knits and you should visit here for inspiration and ideas!

Last week's goals:
Work on applique and bind Jenny's Christmas quilt.  I finished Jenny's quilt and spent the weekend on applique.  I'm just doing circles right now because it's been a long time (decades) since I've appliqued.  It's a helpful task to do as I rest my knee.

Next week's goals:
Continue on applique--my work is getting a bit better as I continue to practice but I understand now why I gave this up years ago.  I was hand quilting at that time as well and it was just too hard on my hands to do both.  These days, I'm taking a break when necessary.

The other goal is to finish cutting fabric for Jenny's batik quilt.  She is a favorite of mine in the family and I thought I would do a holiday themed lap quilt and one she could use throughout the year.  

Hope you are having a happy week!  Stay safe!




5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We're supposed to get a great big snowstorm at the end of the week! Here I thought Spring had come. Looking forward to seeing Jenny's Christmas quilt!

grammajudyb said...

Hope you are improving everyday! Not just on your appliqué but hope your knee is better every day too!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! I hope your knee is getting better and that you're giving it plenty of time to rest. I love the new quilt to greet and welcome us on your website! I'm so glad you got Jenny's Christmas quilt finished. How fab that you're going to make her another lap quilt that's not seasonal. She'll be covered in your love all year long! ~smile~ Roseanne

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Good work on getting your list done. I do only applique work. Piecing drives me crazy....can't get my seams to match up. Have a great day!

chrisknits said...

I am hoping snow is a thing of the past for us now. Temps in the 60's the last few days don't mean a thing around here. LOL! Good luck on your weekly goals!