Thursday, December 28, 2017

I like Thursdays, December 28, 2017

I like that Christmas is over.  By the last two weeks before the holiday, I always find myself stating that as "soon as we get through Christmas" as if the holiday was a plague or a tornado. 
 

Yes it is exhausting but it is wonderful too!

Scout's first Christmas!  She loved her new toy!

Scout loved that the Hallmark channel didn't just have the yule log but lots of kittens, puppies and even a baby pig on it.  She was fascinated!  Dog TV!

I love my present from Peter and Jessica!  They gave me a "hygge" basket full of all sorts of calming things and it is a wonderful reminder to slow down!  Tea, homemade apple butter and even dark chocolate! 
Jess even made her own lavender spray and soap.  She is so clever!

It's been cold.  Right now the "real feel" temperature is -3 F.  I'm grateful for long underwear and the ability to turn up my heat when necessary.  Scout and I put off our walks until late morning/noon when it is a bit warmer.  I'm sewing again and it feels really good to be back at the ol' machine :)

What have you been up to?  Have you been keeping warm and calm this post-Xmas?  

Be sure to check out all the other like days at LeeAnna's here:  http://lapaylor.blogspot.com/

Hope you have a wonderful day!


    

8 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Glad you (and Scout) had a pleasant Christmas. BTW, did that pig ever do anything?

LA Paylor said...

gosh that's really cold. Even peepee might freeze coming out! I love Hallmark movies... they get me through the holidays. I know what you mean saying, after Christmas....
Milo got two wrapped toys which he likes of course. All toys. He liked tearing off the wrapping paper best. He also peed on our friend's Christmas tree, wah!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your picture of Scout in front of the TV is precious! Don't you wonder what she's thinking?! Your hygge basket looks like a very thoughtful gift. Enjoy!

Allie-oops Designs said...

That's how I feel every Christmas anymore, just let's get through it - sad! Love your hygge basket. Stay warm, hon, it's freezing here too....

PaintedThread said...

I'm grumping about highs of 13 today... I should consider myself lucky! lol

I'm glad the holidays are mostly over, but sheesh - I still have too much to do. Too much fun stuff. :-)

Scout is looking cute!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele,
I had to giggle at your comment about the holiday being the plague or a tornado. I am glad it's behind us too . . . it is wonderful and exhausting and over. Scout was really interested in that TV show! What concentration. I'm glad to hear you are back to sewing - me too, a little bit. Happy New Year! ~smile~ Roseanne

Sandy said...

Fun that your dog likes the TV. Our old dog used to love if my son was watching snooker or golf. She liked watching the balls rolling around!
Sometimes he would watch something and then go off, leaving the TV on. and we'd come in to find she was laying with her head upside down watching whatever it was! Why are you watching that, it isn't good for you?! or 'Turn that off it will rot your mind!' (A phrase my dad used to say.)

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Oh my goodness that is cold. We are having our usual good weather for the holidays. Sorry, I agree with your Christmas feelings. But, I love your hygge basket! Stay warm. mary in Az