Thursday, July 20, 2017

I like Thursdays, July 19. 2017

I like my son :)  and he came to visit last weekend.  Here he is cuddling Scout and they are both hamming it up for the camera.  Peter is an artist and a creative force of nature.  I asked him, "what is with the Martin Van Buren sideburns?" and he laughed and said it was a chubby wolverine look he was sporting.  Okay then....
I love these flowers.  My neighbor's son got married last weekend and I volunteered to keep an eye on their cat, George.  They brought me one of the centerpieces as a thank you--isn't it scrumptious?  Best wishes to the Bride and Groom!
Scout is in another devil dog phase.  But otherwise she is fine and dandy although none of us are doing too well during the current heat wave.  We don't know what is with her ear, but it is frequently turned inside out, I think it is cute.
Before the heat wave hit, I worked out front in the garden and put Scout in her playpen there.  she seemed to enjoy watching the birds and squirrels.  She was a good girl.
Favorite things I like in the garden this week:

this little blue flower is called "Blue my Mind" and is an Evolvus hybrid.
The Swan is finally blooming:
 It's a hydrangea with HUGE blossoms.  I adore it.
It's too hot to sew in the attic so I am embroidering on the first floor.  I found this website recently and love it, hope you like it too:
https://rhondadort.com 
Her work is very inspiring! 
 I found this photo on facebook and it just spoke to me.
I hope you have a wonderful week and stay cool and comfortable!
Now head over to LeeAnna's for more wonderful posts about the many things to like in our world!!!



9 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So many things to like in your post this morning! Scout's playpen looks very useful, and hopefully comfy for her, when you need her to have some boundaries. The centerpiece of roses is gorgeous, and a very thoughtful thank you. I love the white hydrangea, too! I bet you look forward to it blooming every year. Happy Thursday, Michelle!

LA Paylor said...

that elbow on the playpen! Adorable. Scout looks to be about the same size at Milo, maybe a bit smaller. I can hardly pick him up and he seems to want me to lift him down. Your son has a sense of humor... one I could use today fighting with the cable company. Again.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Your son is a fun guy from the photo. The hydrangeas are so delicate and lovely. I miss embroidery but appreciate this post. thanks. mary in Az

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your growing things, while silent, are showy and gorgeous. I had to show Hubby the doggie playpen and we wondered how Murphy would behave in it. I've seen all the Wolverine movies with grandson so appreciate those sideburns! The quilting on your batik quilt is just wonderful, if I haven't said so already. Thanks for the link...always love flower embroidery.

PaintedThread said...

Love the wolverine look. lol And those flowers are awesome. The white blossoms are quite pretty. All good stuff!

Shannon said...

Love seeing scout in her playpen! I'm glad she didn't try to tear out after the squirrel. And so fun to see her with your son, they look fabulous together!

Sandra :) said...

Heehee @ devil dog phase ... I wonder how devilish she'll be in a couple of weeks? Literally - I'll be the judge of that! ;)

MissPat said...

Never saw a doggie playpen before. Scout looks like she enjoys it. Just an alert, the thumbnail for Rhondadort on the blog roll at the side is supersized and is causing your blog to shrink to about a quarter of the page on my Kindle. I've seen this happen before,but I don't know the cause or the solution.
Pat

Allie-oops Designs said...

Well I like your post, lol! Handsome son - pretty dog - so many gorgeous flowers. I'd love to spend a day in your garden with my sketchpad!