I always get more done when I allot a few days to just sewing. This Sew-cation did get me some good results. Today I do have to clean-up, run errands, etc. But here is what I accomplished:
The binding is applied to Peter and Jessica's picnic quilt. You might remember some of these fabrics from Peter and Jessica's party here. I'm giving it to them for their second anniversary on June 29. The first anniversary is supposed to be paper (we gave them a gift certificate); the second anniversary is supposed to be cotton. So I'll use that to justify why it took so long to get this done. This quilt is HEAVY. I really need to find a light weight batting that I can maneuver better. It took almost a whole day to apply the binding to the quilt because it was so dang heavy. If you can recommend a lightweight batting, I would sure appreciate any suggestions!
Check this one off my list as well. This is for the Civil War program. I've applied the binding and began hand sewing it on the back last night. I love to sew at night but I can't see well enough to embroider in the evening (despite a variety of lights including an ott light). Binding is easier on my eyes and I now have a stack of quilts to bind which makes me sooooo happy :)
Got this quilted and applied binding as well. I'm going to be pretty busy at night! Two other projects that went astray:
Didn't get these done the way I wanted because I didn't like something with the embroidery. So I ripped and am restitching some things.
Every morning I am watering some part of the garden with my soaker hoses. Thank goodness for the soakers! We haven't had rain since April 21st. I can live without grass (indeed I have no grass in my backyard) but I so love my flowers and foliage. Hopefully we will get some rain Wednesday AND Thursday but we will see.
Have a wonderful day!