Wednesday, January 21, 2015

WIP, January 21

I haven't done a "Work In Progress Wednesday" post in a long LONG time.  I know I need to blog more but I'm busy sewing.  Beth and I are working on a new program that celebrates the quilt designer, Ruby Short McKim.  This program is heavy on sewing/light on research---so it is quite a change for me. Today and tomorrow I'll be making oriental poppies:
This poppy pattern is probably one of McKim's most famous.  I'm finding it fascinating the range of her work and how that can be adapted to modern quilting.   What are you working on?

4 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Today I did a linen (probably Lecien) boxy bag. I added ribbon tabs at each zipper end, but I made them too long (4" cut, so about 1 3/4" long, folded, each) and they looked awkward. I didn't want to rip them out since the bag is already completed, so I grabbed a couple of matching buttons, and will fold the tab in half and just secure it with a button. I can start the hand stitching with the thread knot on the inside so it won't show, and the bag will look a little bit less doofy, LOL!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I love your poppies!

Wonky Girl said...

So nice to see warm colors, puts me in the mood for spring.
Enjoy your sewing, sounds like a fun project.

Allie said...

Wow oh just wow - that is gorgeous, I don't think I've ever seen it? I have a ton of her patterns though so I might have it, lol. I did her roly-poly animals for a friend's baby many years ago, he still loves it. I adore her designs!