Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Yahoo-- BAD Need email advice...Please share your preferences

I have had a Yahoo account since the 1990s.  However, I am having so many problems with their email system and thought I would ask people about their email preferences.  Yahoo continues to change their formats and I spend about a day or two figuring out new versions which seem to be "updated" (translation: more complicated).

I woke up today to a whole new system again and now I can barely read the font they are using.  What do you use and how often does the format change?  I am looking for a normal email system that is easy to read, etc.

Any insight would be so helpful!
Thanks, Mickie

2 comments:

Sandra :) said...

I only have a Yahoo email account so I can use Yahoo Groups. I don't even use the email attached to it - I have Yahoo Groups mails sent to a gmail account. Now - in truth - I HATE the Gmail email interface, so I don't use it either - I use an email reader named Thunderbird. I don't like Thunderbird either - it's glitchy - but it works well at gathering emails from all of my varied and sundry email accounts. Outlook Express worked well for that but when Microsoft retired it a few years ago, I had to go elsewhere, and I haven't found anything better than Thunderbird.

Maybe you could try an email program so you won't have to actually use the Yahoo site? I don't even look at that one Yahoo email account I have and I'm not sure if Thunderbird can collect Yahoo email, so if you try a program, make sure it's compatible with Yahoo. Good luck - I know how you feel, as I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate Gmail's interface - it's horrid, to me, but I don't see other people complaining about it, so I might just be too picky!

Allie said...

I am so with you on this!! I'm going email hunting, lol. I hate gmail and hotmail, and I don't use Firefox.