Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Transfer Tuesday

 How did you learn to sew?  For me, I was about eight years old when I first picked up a needle and thread.  Embroidery was my first love and I almost always have a project by my sitting chair.  I was also fortunate to inherit a lot of transfers from my grandmothers.  This year I am determined to get things out of storage and use them or lose them so I thought I would share some of my transfers each Tuesday.  This week I am just scanning them and sharing them as is; next week, when I am not down and out with a cold, I'll try to share cleaner pictures.  Let me know if you enjoy them!

This is my project for this year, I'd like to finish a block a month:
In honor of a new year and some new babies coming into our lives:

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

My first experience was sitting on my great grandmother's knee. I was about 3 or 4 and she let me embroider, I still have the piece and can remember how exciting it was!

Allie said...

ADORABLE!!! Love the baby. I started with a quilt, when I was 20...saw one in a magazine I liked, asked a few questions, and dove right in. I still use it and it's one of my faves! But when I discovered redwork....oh my....LOVE at first sight. I collect vintage patterns too, unfortunately nobody in my family handed any down!!

rosie said...

These are adorable Mickie... so good to hear about the babies too...