Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas through the year--2012!!!

It's that wonderful time of the month!  Christmas through the year...2012 style has commenced!  Special thanks to Cheryl and Darlene for coordinating the program this year!  I know we all appreciate your inspiration and encouragement! 

I'm still on track with using up what I have and making do.  So here are some of my January projects:


I've been making seasonal placemats for my daughter-in-law; its' so nice when my girls actually tell me what they like.  These are what I have done so far.

Also made some Christmas penny pockets.  I have tons of accessories and embellishments and these seem like a good way to use them up:


So I also made some that could be used for Valentines too.  A couple of years ago, Sandra visited and brought a bag of craft things.  She said, "look through it and what you don't want, donate."


So I kept some buttons which I knew would come in handy some day!  Look at these little cupids, aren't they the sweetest?  Thanks Sandra :)


Have a great day ya'all and keep sewing!

9 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Awwwwww you always make the cutest projects!!!

Loves to Quilt said...

Thanks Micki for stopping by! I am so glad that someone came up with this idea of making "Christmas Through the Year"! So far, so good!

Cheryl said...

Love the placemats and the penny pockets! We are so happy you joined in for this months Christmas Through The Year! Now on to February :-)!

Allie said...

Darling!! Love those cupid buttons, how perfect - dang girl, you sure prove a point for keeping things, you never know when they'll come in handy!

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Your penny pockets are so cute, love the embellishments. Seasonal place mats are a great gift!

Sarah said...

Very sweet projects! Love the use of the cupid buttons! Hooray for you!

Valspierssews said...

You have a great collection of place mats and I love the little penny pockets. The transfers look interesting. I will collect some of those. I thought it was lovely how you made the unfinished nanna's quilt into those little bears for sick kids :)

Cheryll said...

Don't you just LoVe to use up bits-n-pieces! The buttons are great and a perfect use for them.
WooHoo on great finishes for Xmas. :)

sisbabestitches said...

Wow you have got a lot accomplished, well done. The placemats are so cute.