Friday, November 11, 2011

Placemat Queen

I know a lot of people like to make fancy placemats for their table.  As for me, it has more to do with my love affair of fabric.  I feel like placemats really can showcase fabric I love.  For a few years I've had stacks of fabric put aside that I wanted to "someday use" in my dining room.  Yesterday I worked on Thanksgiving/autumn placemats:

 I had enough fabric left for a topper on the hutch:
However, my husband said I am three days too late.  We celebrated our Thanksgiving on Tuesday because my husband is going to be overseas for the next month.  Still, I will enjoy these for the next few weeks.  Today I am off to a wedding and tomorrow I have to attend a tea.  I"ll get back to sewing sometime next week because SANDRA is coming to town!!!!!!!  More on that later :)

2 comments:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Better late than never!!!!

rosie said...

What a great idea Mickie to make sets of placemats out of beautiful fabric... that way you get to enjoy it all the time.. Yours are just lovely..