Thursday, February 23, 2023

I like Thursdays: February 23, 2022

 


Well it's "I like Thursdays" and time to celebrate the good in life!
Be sure to check out other happy posts by visiting LeeAnna our hostess at Not Afraid of Color!

Things that make me happy this week:

Catching up with friends who live far away!  Spent a lot of time chatting with friends who are out of state.  It's so neat that after all this time, it doesn't matter how long it's been since we talk...it's like we just spoke yesterday!

This photo/meme is circulating these days and it made me laugh!

Making good progress.  For whatever reason, I've been obsessing about using up my Christmas fabric so I've been making blocks and cutting up holiday novelty fabrics for quilt tops.  It's just a phase but I do need the space in the sewing room.  Anyway, I'm trying to make one couch quilt for each of the families in our big family.  Progress is going well!  4 tops are cut and ready for assembling and then I realized...

3 stacks of fabric is down to one stack!


Only two more baskets of scraps to use up!

Progress is progress!

My husband is home this week and that always makes me happy!

Today's prompt from LeeAnna is what special things do our loved ones do that express their love?  For me, it's the small things...like when my husband makes a fresh pot of coffee after he pours the last cup into his mug.  Not complaining about my sewing/quilting stash, room, or projects is another.  Sweet gifts like shirts that celebrate our love for our dogs that he gives me on occasions (and our friends and vets love).  I give him shirts that celebrate his love for fly fishing.  It not the big things in life that sometimes make things easier but often the smaller gestures.

Wishing you a safe and happy day!










6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I agree, Michele - it's the little things we spouses do for each other that make the difference. Cute sign, too! I think it's wonderful that you're making those Christmas quilts. They will be loved!

Robin said...

Nice progress using up your scraps. The effort is so worth it.

LA Paylor said...

for most of us it's the small gestures, those that show you notice and want to make life better for your mate. What poodle shirts do you have??? you know I want one.
I saw one once, that said, "I have standards" with a big poodle on it, but didn't purchase it... the one that got away
LeeAnna

Rosemary Dickinson said...

You're doing great using up your fabric and scraps. I just bought a bunch of fabric. A friend gave me a gift card so I bought what I love! Oh, well! Have a wonderful weekend!

PaintedThread said...

Ha! I like that day care sign. I need to do some stash busting projects soon. Down to one pile of Christmas fabric - that's impressive!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That's a great idea to make couch quilts. I must remember that idea. Love that sign...humour is good. Meanwhile, I like what you had to say about your relationship with hubby. I think the small things you do for each other are actually big things.