Thursday, December 8, 2022

I Like Thursdays: December 8, 2022

 


Happy Thursday!  On Thursdays, many of us bloggers celebrate the good in life by posting "I Like Thursdays" and expressing gratitude, merriment, or just good vibes.  If you need more of that in your life, be sure to visit our hostess LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more posts!

I like laughing!

My husband and I often make each other laugh.  He recently sent me this meme.  I'm so guilty of this:


We don't often drive at night anymore but during the day, we often talk about the deflated inflatable holiday decorations on people's lawns.  Then I found this hilarious meme:


Miss Scout makes me giggle because she is so transparent.  Whenever I bind a quilt, I always have a little companion vying for my attention.  She even leaves gifts on my quilt:


And if I continue to bind the quilt, she shows me how loud her gift can squeak!


Tuesday evening, our quilt guild had our yearly pot luck dinner.  It had been planned that we would play bingo as the program but a last minute change occurred and instead a group of 10 women from the Lehigh Valley Chorus came in and sang holiday songs for us, it was...magical.  

I do like the programs that are offered at guild but I love most of all the comradery of the members; it was a perfect evening!

This week's prompt is on our favorite holiday cookies!  It doesn't matter the wide variety of cookies I've made, the first one folks in my family reach for are chocolate chips.  I long ago realized that all men love this flavor cookie and it's the recipe I've memorized the most.  My personal favorite is gingerbread cookies--using Mrs. Field's Cookie Book recipe.  I haven't made them in years because I'm the one who ends up eating them :D

I started physical therapy Monday for my hand.  It's healing but I still can't make a fist and it is often uncomfortable.  The therapist assured me this is normal.  Still I like having something I can do right now and I'm working away on quilt blocks for children's quilts.  I especially like making progress on scraps! 

 I've gone from this:

To this:

And have over 200 blocks done!

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!
Stay warm!







9 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I could eat a boatload of The Mama's Sand Tarts (a butter cookie), with or without sprinkles.

Robin said...

My weakness is anything shortbread, especially Ina Garten's Jam Thumbprint cookies because she coats them in coconut.
https://barefootcontessa.com/recipes/jam-thumbprint-cookies
Aren't dogs funny? They think when you aren't up moving around it must mean you want to play with them. I love Scout's face in the first picture.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! Scout is really keeping her eyes on that cat, isn't she?! Don't you just LOVE her to pieces?! She's so considerate, giving you a better option to choose besides sewing that darn binding. Her choice would be oh so much more fun. You have made a HUGE dent in your scrap bins. Holy moly! I am so impressed and you have 200 blocks to show for it. That'll keep you busy for a while. Just be patient with your PT on your hand. It will all return. Happy Thursday, friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I just came home from my quilt group's holiday get together - it's so lovely to be with the special women in our lives. I'm a chocolate chip cookie fan, too, so I can't blame the guys in your family for their preferences! So great that you can continue to sew and make those fun blocks for kids' quilts - they'll be very loved.

PaintedThread said...

Ha! This was a fun post! Treats and yoda. Scout is a cutie! I am intrigued by the stitching in your quilt. 200 is a lot of blocks!!

Susie H said...

Silly Scout! Guess you weren't too interested in the toy, eh? I love gingerbread and I have Mrs. Field's Cookie Book. I'll have to check it out! Thanks! Great job on your scraps! Even I can see the progress! May you continue to heal.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

You're making great progress using up your stash. 200 blocks is a lot! I love cookies and end up eating most of what I make. Whatever happened to Mrs. Field? She was so popular year ago. I bet her cookbook is a good one.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Gingerbread cookies, yumm. I like all sorts of ginger cookies. I’ve noticed many people pass them over. More for me, I say. �� Cheers!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, Michele, you are being super productive even with a sore hand. Glad to hear it is improving, btw. Yes, Ned just brought his tug rope but got distracted when he heard Tony getting up. I too love gingerbread cookies. Very cute memes...we are guilty of breaking the big milkbones too. Your Guild meeting sounds perfect and it is essential to share a laugh.