Thursday, December 1, 2022

I like Thursdays: December 1, 2022


I can't believe it is December already!

Today is "I like Thursdays" and time to share positive things on the internet!  Hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color, please visit her website and fill your happiness cup with all the blogs that participate!


I love my baby.  She's been very patient during my hand recovery.  Fortunately hubby's doing some walks but not as many as she and I normally take.  I do take her to visit her friend Tinkerbell each evening.  Both picky eaters, the dogs actually eat when they are together; I'm sure it's some sort of competitive thing.  Scout and I headed home one evening and Scout stopped at a tree.  The squirrels were screeching and I looked up and saw a cat in the tree.  The cat seemed quite content as it annoyed the squirrels. But eventually it tired of Scout sniffing the bottom of the tree and arched it's back so we retreated.  I didn't need Scout getting attacked by a feral cat.


I'm so grateful my hand surgery went well.  It's going to take a little longer to heal than I expected and I do need physical therapy (still can't make a fist).  

Happily, my husband is home to help.  I am grateful that I was warned about some of the challenges of the surgery by my friend who underwent the surgery in September.  

I cut tons of fabric for projects beforehand (I knew that would be one task I wasn't capable of afterwards).  Whenever the spirit moves me, I head up to the sewing room and assemble some square in a square blocks for kids' quilts down the line.  


Our prompt for this week's post is favorite holiday movies.  I don't really have a favorite but I enjoyed watching my Dad watch "A Christmas Story" written and narrated by Jean Shepherd.  I can still hear him laugh while he watched the movie.  My Dad was a big Jean Shepherd fan from way back when Shepherd did radio shows.  

In a weird twist of fate, one of the older vets and I got in a discussion of favorite books while he was caring for Scout.  He recommended I read Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden of Golden Memories: And Other Disasters.  He too remembers how much his Dad loved Jean Shepherd and recommended Shepherd's book.

Wishing you a safe and happy weekend!


5 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! I am so glad to hear the hand surgery was successful. PT isn't a surprise - those muscles lose their memory very quickly. On the other hand, it comes back quickly, too. You'll be making a fist and punching the air in victory shortly! Good idea about cutting some fabrics ahead of time. You'll be able to enjoy the cooler or even cold temperatures in your sewing room. It's nice that heat rises! Finally, Scout looks at you with such love and hope in her eyes. Are we going out for a walk? I'm ready whenever you are! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I hope your hand is soon back to normal. PT usually makes a big difference. What a great idea to cut fabric before the surgery. You can still sew! Have a great weekend!

PaintedThread said...

I can't believe it's December either. Haven't put up my Advent calendar yet! Good luck with your recovery and the physical therapy. Not being able to use your hand must be tough!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We love A Christmas Story! That's really a fun movie! Glad your surgery went well and your hand is healing. That you're all prepped for some sewing is great - that will be some therapy right there!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are on the road to complete recovery and then a new hand which is the main thing. It will be worth it in the end which I know you know. Ned has yet to see a cat; I wonder what he would do. You were smart to cut that fabric ahead of time. My hands don't like the cutting these days. Yes, December!!