Thursday, May 26, 2022

I like Thursdays: May 26, 2022

 


Roseanne over at Home Sewn By Us reminded me that we need an extra dose of love these days.  We sure do Roseanne!  It's Thursday and time for our weekly roundup of positive energy to share on the internet.  If you need a pleasant diversion, visit our hostess Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color for more happy posts.


I finished a charm pack quilt.  Mostly I'm focused on getting things used up these days.  I have another matching top underway for my cousin's little girls.

I'm also sewing doll quilts and am hoping to use up small 2.5 inch squares that I've amassed through the years.

The garden is lovely but I'm taking a break until next week.  My lower back is nagging me to rest so more sewing.


The goslings are at the park!
3 little ones and happily Scout doesn't even try to disturb them.  They are growing so fast!


Well I have to go check on Mom and get to errands.
Have a safe and happy day!







6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I've been seeing goose families around town, too - so fun! I love your charm pack quilt. Simple patchwork is so appealing to me! Hope all is well with your mom. Hugs!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love using up fabric I have at home. So nice to not waste it! I hope your back feels better. I haven't seen many geese around here. Maybe they're hiding!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! What pretty little dainty blue flowers! What plant is that, I wonder?? What a pretty quilt top - are those 30s prints? It reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on what. How fun that you have another one in the works. I love making doll quilts - it allows me the opportunity to practice different quilting patterns. I haven't made any for a while - I need to get back to that. Thanks for the reminder and inspiration. Take care, my friend! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Anonymous said...

I think those are forget-me-nots.jillinCalgary/Phoenix

PaintedThread said...

I love little goslings! I need to start using up some of my fabric! I like your charm pack quilt.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh my the goslings. For some reason the geese near work always have huge numbers of goslings. Love your charm pack quilt with the repro fabric. I have been working at finishing up things, even though I am chomping at the bit to start something new.