Thursday, May 19, 2022

I like Thursdays: May 19, 2022

 Happy Thursday!  

It's "I Like Thursday" and time to share a positive post!  Be sure to check out other inspirations at our Lee Anna's website, Not Afraid of Color!  


I didn't sew at all this week because I was outside in the garden and boy did it feel good!  The weather has been wonderful and I wanted to take advantage of it while I could.  There is something so therapeutic about working in the garden.  I hope you are able to get out and enjoy the fresh air too!

Our sweet elderly neighbors down the road got their new gazebo last Friday.  Everyone likes to visit them on their front porch and we all were excited that they had even more room for folks to visit.  A few years ago, the couple rescued some baby squirrels after their mother was killed and feeding squirrels became a kind of passion for them.  They have often said that their friends and the squirrels got them through the worst of the pandemic.  Anyway, they got some gazebo warming gifts including this awesome tin sign which they immediately featured at the front of the gazebo:


Scout and Tinkerbell are enjoying the additional area as well.  This photo cracks me up.  Tinkerbell has more freedom of movement because she is on a longer lead.  Scout often decides that's not fair and sits on Tinker's leash!  😂


Wishing you fair skies and gorgeous weather this weekend!
Have a safe and happy day!


4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the squirrel sign! We feed the squirrels here, too, although not on purpose, lol! They are very entertaining. Enjoy your garden - I'm excited to be doing some planting in the next few days, too.

grammajudyb said...

I used to feed squirrels, but then....they got so messy and dug up my yard! Like the sign though and I'm sure they entertain your neighbors.

Poor Scout! It's not fair that Tinker has more freedom!

PaintedThread said...

Like you, my sewing is suffering because of my gardening. :-) Scout is too funny!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I would love to have a gazebo. I like to watch the squirrels but I never feed them. I bought a few plants but I think my husband will be planting them. Haha, Scout cracks me up!