Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Tuesday To-Do List : January 4, 2022

 Time to post the weekly goals!  Each week a lot of blogger post their projects and aspirations for the week.  Now that the holidays are over, I'm just getting back on track.

I'm working on three separate projects right now.  I'm sashing the baby quilt blocks:

One quilt sashed, one in the process and I think I'm just going to put a solid pink border on the quilts.

Working on a new calendar quilt.  I'm pacing myself on the embroidery.  One night I kept waking up with pain in my thumb.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.  Realized later when I was embroidering that my thumb hurt from hand sewing (it's arthritis).  Now I just do a little at a time to protect my hands.

The third project is just cutting some of my 19th century reproduction fabric for a quilt I want to make later this year.  The hardest part of the quilt was finding my Kona espresso fabric; I had bought the fabric last summer with this project in mind.  It took three days to find the fabric but I'm grateful it took that long.  I found the Kona that I'm using for the baby quilts during the hunt!

What are you working on?  Please visit Linda at Texas Quilt Gal to see what other quilters are working on!

Have a safe and happy day!



4 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Looks like everyone is doing embroidery but me these days! Love the little skating bunny!

Robin said...

My thumb has been bothering me lately too. I try to hand quilt each afternoon but I guess I'm going to have to keep track of my time better and not quilt for so long. I hope you hand starts feeling better. Look forward to seeing what you have in mind to use the Kona Espresso fabric.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a pretty baby quilt! I love the sweet colors. Take good care of your fingers - that embroidery design for the calendar quilt looks like fun, too.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! I'm so glad you shared your baby quilt picture!! We need to make one for a friend's son and his wife who are due in May. We've been vacillating about which pattern to make - I think you've provided the winner, winner, chicken dinner! Now we just need to check on fabrics, etc. Yes, please pace yourself with that embroidery. Aching hands are no fun at all. We picked up some fingerless gloves from the drug store that help with arthritis for Sue's Mom. She said it helps immensely. Have a good week! {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne