Thursday, January 27, 2022

I like Thursdays: January 27, 2022

 It's Thursday and time to brighten up the internet with happy thoughts!  "I like Thursdays" was invented and is hosted by Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color.  Share your gratitude and be sure to visit the other bloggers at Lee Anna's site here.


I love Alstroemeria--or Lily of the Incas-- especially in the winter.  They are such a pretty flower and bloom in all different colors.  Plus the flowers last for almost 2 weeks.


Foxholes!

It's fun to watch Scout in our yard.  You just never know what kind of tracks you'll see here.  The photo above is the front yard and the new fox hole we found there.  This is near where the chipmunks were living so I'm sure the fox was looking for a snack.  


Scout and I continue to walk at our local park.  With temperatures that are all to often below freezing, it is the safest place for us to walk and avoid ice.  It's cold but necessary for us to get a good walk in at least once a day.  I just checked the weather forecast and it looks like we are going to avoid a major snowstorm this weekend because the storm is heading off to the east.

Wishing you all a happy and safe weekend!









5 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

We have voles. After the snow melts you see trails all through that the voles have eaten their way around. Pretty flowers, glad you can get a bit of a walk in.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love alstroemeria, too! That reminds me to get some next time I'm at the store. Looks like Scout loves exploring all the good smells in the yard! Glad you're getting out for walks, too.

PaintedThread said...

I have not been walking... and I can feel it. Good for you for getting out! I love that you've got foxholes. I bet Scout is very interested.

grammajudyb said...

Happy Weeknd. Enjoy your walks and be safe!

Elvira said...

Que jardín tan bonito y enorme. Me encanta como te marcas las prioridades del día.
Besos