Thursday, November 21, 2019

I lke Thursdays: November 21, 2019

Well it's "I like Thursdays" day and time to post some positive energy on the internet!  Visit our hostess LeeAnna for more positive posts!

I'm finally done with my travel lectures for 2019.  I've been doing fall cleaning and walking Scout frequently before more cold weather sets in.  The thing I don't like about this time of year is the lack of sunlight.  Fortunately, I have enough projects to keep me busy!

I'm sewing again and that is a real mood lifter!

I received a wonderful suffrage calendar in the mail which began some detective work.  I had no idea who had sent it!  Finally after I contacted the company that mailed it, I learned my dear friend Pam had sent it to me as a belated birthday present.  Thanks Pam!  It has wonderful suffrage illustrations in it:

Scout and I have also been doing some garden clean-up!  I do try to leave certain plants out for the birds, including flower seed heads.  I was heartened to see a dule of mourning doves in my back garden yesterday.  There were over 20 birds there munching away!  I had to take the photo from inside the house so as not to disturb them.  

I don't have much more than this.  I'm just plugging along trying to get the house in order before the holidays.  Have a wonderful day!!!




8 comments:

Carol Swift said...

It looks like a beautiful place to take a walk, but I agree that I don't like the sunlight disappearing earlier. I love your sweet sewing project and that poster is awesome! Thanks for sharing your likes!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele! Oh, that shot of the morning doves is so cool. I never remove my dead flowers until the spring - mostly because our weather flips without warning and I don't get it done in time. Now I can say I'm doing that for the birds. HAHA! ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

a surprise gift! fun and thoughtful. Let's not forget that it wasn't long ago that we were "given" the right to have a say in our country. Seems like we're still fighting for rights.
I am not liking less sunlight either. It's dark basically around 4:45 now, and we're on our 9th snow since October. The furnace is running to
keep us warm and Milo's hair is coated in freezing rain. Time to stay in, look at the library books and magazines, and sew today.
Milo is due for grooming, so his face hair is long and white making him unmistakably Scout's brother. I rain across a tutorial on the blogger, "rain" about using kids fleece gloves to make boots for dogs.
LeeAnna

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

The morning doves are so cool! I forget what women went through for us to be able to vote. Thanks for the reminders.

Julierose said...

What a great calendar--and that lady quilting is really cute...hugs, Julierose

PaintedThread said...

How nice to have your lectures done. Even better to have time for projects!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you have some time to rest up from all the lectures! How neat to have a suffrage calendar! I miss the sunlight this time of year, too, but sewing does lift my mood, too. And watching the birds enjoying the yard, no matter the weather, is the best!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great likes this week. How cool a fun surprise gift.