Thursday, November 14, 2019

I Like Thursday: November 14, 2019

Happy Thursday!  How are you doing?

I like watching tv with my dog!

If you have PBS where you live, then definately check out the Secret Lives of Dogs!  It's a British documentary and so interesting.  Do you know that the a dog's nose print can be used to identify dogs like a fingerprint?   The Canadian kennel club has used this identification for their dogs since---1938!!!  Clever Canadians!!   Scout and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening our local PBS played back to back episodes.  
Although Scout wasn't quite sure about that guy taking his dog paragliding with him (don't worry Scout, we'll never do that).

I like Ginko trees.  I don't want one in my little yard but I do appreciate seeing them.  Do you know the leaves drop from tree all at once?  It was a special day when I worked at the college and we all looked forward to the one day when our vice-president would run through our offices to tell us, "It's ginko day."  We'd all ooh and ahhh about the golden showers of leaves falling.

We have a few of them in our neighborhood and on Saturday it was ginko day!

I don't have so much to share these days.  I've been working and lecturing a lot and today is the last program I give for 2019.  I'm looking forward to doing some sewing!

Have a great day!

8 comments:

LA Paylor said...

you do so many lectures! I can't believe Scout watches tv, and doesn't chew up her soft bed, Milo has holes in all his. grrrr....
LOVE ginko leaves, but didn't know they shot their leaves on the same day!
LeeAnna

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

That is so interesting about Ginko trees. I don't know if I ever have seen one before.

Julierose said...

Our poodle, Jou-Jou, used to sit on our laps when we were watching tv and put her head between us and the screen--"May I have your FULL attention please" lol I never saw her watching the tube though...funny.
Pretty leaf-fall....hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

We too enjoyed that series and learned so much even though both of us have owned dogs all our lives. If I remember correctly, both Rex and Murphy slept through it all.:)
Trees are amazing too and the ginko in particular.
Have a great weekend, Michele.

PaintedThread said...

Ginko leaves are pretty. Nose-prints. Who knew!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Scout watching TV is such a hoot! Those ginko trees are beautiful - I don't think I've ever seen them out here. I bet you're ready for a rest from the lectures for awhile!

piecefulwendy said...

Victoria Findlay Wolfe, quilt designer from NYC, just posted about the gingko trees in her neighborhood. I've never seen one, but now I want to, especially on gingko day. How cool! Scout looks pretty into the show!

Libby in TN said...

I love ginkos and would love to have one in my yard instead of the maples that shed and shed and shed days on end. Back when I had cats, they loved to watch nature programs with other cats like lions.