Thursday, January 18, 2018

I like Thursdays: January 18, 2016

61 days until Spring!

We are half done with winter!  

Tuesday was the midway point of the winter!
It's all downhill from now!

How are you doing?  Are you counting down the days until spring too?  This past week another 3 inches of snow fell.  I like that my husband traveled south and for once he didn't call to tell me how warm his weather was!  He had to endure more than twice the amount of snow that we got!   I'm also grateful I'm not 45 minutes north of us.  My friend Beth got 10 inches of snow during the same storm.  We lucked out!

I like these photos of dancing poodles (above).  You can see the story here.  Poodles love to dance and Scout always wants to accompany me whenever I start doing the mashed potato.  Speaking of Scout, she had a great weekend!

My beautiful niece Maggie came home with her handsome fiancee and their two dogs!

Opie is a beagle mix and Cashew (being held by Maggie) is a chiwawa/corgi mix.  Cashew and Scout got along famously and played nonstop for three days!
My son Peter also came home for the weekend and I was thrilled when we had the opportunity to be alone for a few hours on Sunday.  It's always good to catch up without interruptions!  

 Miss Scout is going to get spayed on Monday and I am soooo relieved.  I hope to never have to experience another puppy in heat again!   It will be a quiet week for us and I hope to get more sewing done.  

Stay warm and have a great week!  Visit the other sites celebrating happiness at LeeAnna's website, Not Afraid of Color.  

8 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the movement you see in the dancing poodle picture. I bet scout had a blast with Cashew. My Bobbin is a chihuahua and she plays with my daughters bull mastiff, and black lab. They run, run, run, run.....then flop down exhausted. Thank goodness for play dates. LOL the comment about your husband. My ex husband loves to call me and tell me what the weather is like where he is too. I call him a bad name..... with love. :D

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Michele,
It looks like you and Scout had a fabulous week. Visits from a niece, son and dogs - who could ask for more?! And then missing out on large quantities of snow - well, that's the icing on the cake for sure. Oh let those 61 days go by quickly and easily . . . please. ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

oh I'm so jealous Scout has all these playmates. I bet Milo would be calmer if he had dog friends and was ever cleared to run again.

The panetone color of the year is purple, but the home dec preferred colors are browns.

Allie-oops Designs said...

I can't wait for spring!!!! I'm so ready for some color in my world, lol! Not to mention warmth! Looks like Scout wasn't the only one to have a great weekend, Mickie - enjoy your quiet week, hoping Scout comes through with flying colors!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thanks for the countdown to Spring - I'm always ready for it, although here we often get snow well into May! It won't be long before I start seeing green things poking up in my garden. Fun pictures of Scout happy and playing! She is such a pretty dog!

PaintedThread said...

I have a friend that counts down to spring on FB. lol. I don't mind the winter as long as there's at least a little snow to sparkle up the starkness. Love that photo of Scout outside. Hope the spay is entirely uneventful.

Sandy said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful dog holiday! All the dogs.
The dog we have now is spayed, but we were lucky with our other dog. She was NOT interested and told any other dog that too, quite firmly. We didn't have lurkers at the back gate, either.
But wow, my dad's dogs were a different story. :-O

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Fun photo times. I'm so glad you had visitors at home.Have a great week!