Saturday, September 23, 2017

Fall

It's fall.
Yesterday poor Scout got stung in the butte by a bee.  The yellow jackets are wretched right now and will attack anything just because they are miserable.  My grandmother used to beg all her grandkids to "never get married between August and October" because of bee behaviour this time of year.   I always think of her gardening wisdom this time of year.

On Thursday, I had lunch with some friends; a few of them are nurses.  Do you remember when I took a fall on Labor Day?  Scout took me for a drag the first time we walked after her leg healed.  Anyway, my friends didn't like the looks of my arm and insisted I see a doctor.  And then...they started texting and emailing me to remind that I do need to get the arm checked.

So I went to an express care facility yesterday and it turns out I actually broke my arm (nearly three weeks ago).  That would be okay but it has to be seen by an orthopedic on Tuesday.  Apparently the set of the bone is not proper.  I'm not sure what is in store for me so I am letting you know now in case I get off the blog for a while after Tuesday.

I'm in no pain, just minor discomfort from time to time.  One of the funniest things about this whole situation is that when my neighbor told her 17 year old daughter about the situation, Katie said:  "that Michele-- she is a savage!" This comment made my husband and I laugh like crazy 😊
So now, everything is up in the air:  Scout's spaying, my husband's work and hunting, and I may have to rearrange my lecture schedule for the next few weeks.  I'll know more Tuesday.

So what am I doing?  Well cleaning up the sewing room and getting things together so that if I have to have my arm in a cast (I declined the cast at the express place), I'll be able to work with one arm.
I'm not good at keeping still.  Fortunately the problem is my left arm so I'll be able to write.  I have two programs to work on and will be handwriting them and some other business stuff if I have to be in a cast.  I have ephemera to organize and books to read and we'll see how it goes.

I hope you are having a better beginning to this season!  Take care of yourself and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Michele! YOU SAVAGE! Holy smokes, girlfriend - make sure you get to that appointment on Tuesday and get things straightened out (pun not even intended, lol) - I wonder if Scout knew exactly what she was doing at the beginning of the month ... possible surgery postponement may have been her goal! >:) I hope you'll be able to get your arm fixed without it interfering too much with things that you need to get done. Brad may have to be on deck for a while - I'm sure he's up to the challenge (as long as he doesn't have to go away on a far-off job site) :D Take it easy, you savage!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I am so sorry to hear that, Michele! I fell and broke my wrist about a year and a half ago, and it wasn't at all fun. Mine was my left also, so at least you can do all the important right-handed things! :). I did figure out how to get back to sewing fairly quickly, so hope you also are able to get back quickly to the things you want to do.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

First, I just need to say how lovely your photos are. I'm so sorry to here you will need further care and cast-UGH! Glad it's not your right arm but it will be fun trying to navigate with one arm! I can't believe you went so long with it broken. I hope the dr visit goes well and this will not upset all your plans. I enjoy your posts! mary

Allie-oops Designs said...

Wow girl how in the world did you go so long with your arm broken!!!!!!!! I am praying for you!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

My goodness Michelle...that arm, dear you need your arm even if it is the left. Please take care to get it set properly now and be good about the rest of it or whatever the doctor orders. Meanwhile, love Scout's face and changing colour and all your garden photos. Take care now.