Sunday, April 25, 2010

Linens from Estate Sale...

Love this little tablecloth and napkins! The tablecloth fits our cafe table on our patio. The lady who made them did lovely work but the edges (although surged) are unfinished. I am looking at my notions to see what I can add. I want to keep it simple though to frame her work... Many of them are for the back and arms of a chair....
And some are just tablerunners. She did beautiful work and I am hoping to do something with the ones that have small wear marks or stains in them. Maybe cut the embroidery out and make small pillows?
Lots and lots of crocheted linens!!! I am going to put together a stack for Katie's room. I think some white ones will look nice in her pink room.
A pillow cover (embroidered) and some other doilies, probably store bought (not the pillow cover).

I also got a box of buttons and lace edgings but I'm already using them so they are off in the sewing room. Have a happy Sunday!

3 comments:

Cat Street Boyz said...

Very pretty...I have seen many like this in the Mennonite shop in Souderton, PA. I also live on the East Coast in Pa. with 7 cats and one very, very spoiled standard poodle, ICE. With this crazy economy my whole family moved in with us in our now, 6 bedroom home on 4 acres. I am also a poodle loving Nana and yours are so sweet. Have a great day=^Y^=Holly & ICE

Allie said...

I will not covet - I will not covet - that was a very good estate sale! These are all so lovely!

Unknown said...

Wow! Those are beautiful! A large selection with some of this and some of that, all gorgeous. Oh dear, I feel a twinge of jealousy. Nah, just feeling happy for you!!!