Our guild has a challenge every September meeting. We were to take a normal name of a quilt block and change one letter in it or rearrange the letters to invent a new quilt block. I made Irish China out of Irish Chain. I used photos of my grandparents and my Dad and also copied Nana's recipes onto fabric.
Here's a close up. I think I found the cups and teapot on fatcat.com as a free download. The embroidery is actually a photocopy of Nana's embroidery. When I was a little girl, all my pillowcases were embroidered by her.
We were supposed to do 4 blocks but my wallhanging was getting too big. I made a matching tea cozy with the remaining teapot and recipes. Thats all for today!